Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

ipod mount

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

Default ipod mount

anybody have this and have some better pictures?? looks liek it could be pretty good...ipod mount
Old 09-28-2006, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're better off with the Pro Fit VSM mount made especially for the 97-02 Camaro and Firebird. That is what I used in mine.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

Okay, I'll bite...why is it better to get a Pro-Fit vehicle specific mount than the Kuda vehicle specific mount he linked to? I thought the Kuda mount looked much better and more integrated with the vehicle. After all, the Pro-Fit is just a bent piece of metal with holes in it.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im looking for something to mount my ipod to as well. Right now it just sits in my lap. Are there any other holders for the ipod?

sorry didnt mean to jack your thread
Old 09-28-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Okay, I'll bite...why is it better to get a Pro-Fit vehicle specific mount than the Kuda vehicle specific mount he linked to? I thought the Kuda mount looked much better and more integrated with the vehicle. After all, the Pro-Fit is just a bent piece of metal with holes in it.
Personal preference as most things like this. It looks to me like the Kuda attaches through the glove box. That looks ghetto to me. Guess I should have said "I prefer the Pro Fit"
Old 09-28-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Do any of you guys know if the ipod holder that mounts to the vent is any good?
Old 09-29-2006, 12:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

so noone has this or anything?? i was hopin somebody had it or some info on it...its hard to tell how it mounts and if mathches the interior better in real life etc etc...i think its kind of a good idea though b/c ,atches the interior better...(in my opinion lol) the other one picture above seems liek it would be in the way of passengers and looks kinda funny without an ipd in it
Old 09-29-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Magnet
so noone has this or anything?? i was hopin somebody had it or some info on it...its hard to tell how it mounts and if mathches the interior better in real life etc etc...i think its kind of a good idea though b/c ,atches the interior better...(in my opinion lol) the other one picture above seems liek it would be in the way of passengers and looks kinda funny without an ipd in it
Im sure somebody has tried the vent mount. I would like to know how good it is before i buy it.....?????
Old 09-29-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
Im sure somebody has tried the vent mount. I would like to know how good it is before i buy it.....?????
I had the vent mount.. It works but it wasnt my style.. Also I didnt like to have to run my wire out the top of the trim instead of out the bottom. Right now my iPod just sits at the bottom infront of that little pocket..
Old 09-29-2006, 01:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 2k2 camaro
I had the vent mount.. It works but it wasnt my style.. Also I didnt like to have to run my wire out the top of the trim instead of out the bottom. Right now my iPod just sits at the bottom infront of that little pocket..
Thanks for the reply. I have the headphone jack setup and i dont think i will like having the cable showing like that. But i'll probably just have to try it and see.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drilled a small hole the the little cubby next to the cigarette lighter and ran the cable through there. When I'm using my mp3 player it sits in the cupholder. That way I can just throw it in the console and you can't tell it's wired for a player. I don't like real player mounts because you can see them. Just my .02