Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stereo Cd player problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo Cd player problems

Hey guys, need some help,
I know close to nothing about car stereos, The CD player in my car has stopped wanting to work. Before it would play any and all CDs from burned CDs from my computer to actual store bought CDs.
It got to the point where it didnt want to play burned Cds, but lately it doesnt want to play anything. It keeps giving me the E20 code on the screen. Anyways, I usually wouldnt mind, and just listen to the radio, but my power antenna went out a couple years back, so I only can pick up some stations.
Anyways, any of you have the same problem and figure out how to fix it?
I am thinking about just buying a newer one, maybe out of a 2000+ TA or Formula. Give me some input thanks.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

bump need some help
heres a pic of a stereo like mine just in case
Old 11-29-2006, 07:49 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

E20 : Focus Error Cause(s): The CD player cannot focus on the disc or there is an internal focus problem. Correction(s): Try cleaning the disc or using a new disc. Make sure the disc is loaded correctly. The road could be too rough or there is too much humidity. If the problem is not corrected, service the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not to steal the thread but I am having a similar issue. CD player was working fine, now when I put in a CD it sounds like it's trying to read (clicking sounds) then it gives me err on the screen and spits the CD back out. Tried several CD's. Where is an ACDelco Service Center? The Dealer? 2000 SS. Thanks
Old 11-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Does it give you an error number? If so, all the error codes are listed in the Monsoon FAQ thread at the top of the forum.

Not all dealers are AC Delco service centers because they don't have the certified technicians. However, your local dealer should be able to direct you to the closest service center. Bear in mind that you can buy a used Monsoon head unit for $100 or less so it often isn't practical to fix them.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks alot, I have been lurking on ebay seeing if I can steal a deal, I might call my friend that works at the local GM dealer see what he think. Again thanks alot
Old 11-29-2006, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Does it give you an error number? If so, all the error codes are listed in the Monsoon FAQ thread at the top of the forum.

Not all dealers are AC Delco service centers because they don't have the certified technicians. However, your local dealer should be able to direct you to the closest service center. Bear in mind that you can buy a used Monsoon head unit for $100 or less so it often isn't practical to fix them.
No error #. Just err and spits the CD back out. I've been watching them on ebay. I need to call around locally too. Thanks
Old 11-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Don't forget to check the For Sale section here as well. Head units turn up there every few days.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Don't forget to check the For Sale section here as well. Head units turn up there every few days.
I will, thanks!