Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Another Sub and Amp

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another Sub and Amp

First off I'm not entering any competitons( just want a good system). I already installed a Pioneer DEH-P9800BT hu, and a set of Polk Audio db 675 (rear sail panel) and a set of Polk Audio db6500(front in doors). I'm looking at the following items a subthump box for 2 10", and a set of Kenwood Excelon KFC-XW1002DVC along with this Kenwood KAC-8152D mono amp (for the subs) and a Kenwood KAC-8452 multi channel amp to power the sail and front speakers, finally a 2 farad cap. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THat series of amps is spectacular. I would honestly recommend a step up to the 9152D though, 900rms and 1800max for a few extra $$ is a great deal. Plus your amp lineup will be the exact same as mine.
I havent heard a ton about kenwood subs. I honestly dont know if they can match the rest of your setup on quality. I might make a leap up to ALpine or RF for a subwoofer that would sound killer in that box.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Teching In

Default headunit

Sorry to get you off topic, but what has been your experience with the headunit? Have you used the bluetooth capabilities with a cell phone?
Old 01-26-2007, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

The HU is awesome. The only problem that other people were having was that it didn't auto connect to motorola phones (not a big deal though just have to press the phone button on the hu). I talked to pioneer and they said they were working on the problem with the motorola phones. All others connect with no problem. I have an LG and no problems what so ever.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RedRallyeZ
THat series of amps is spectacular. I would honestly recommend a step up to the 9152D though, 900rms and 1800max for a few extra $$ is a great deal. Plus your amp lineup will be the exact same as mine.
I havent heard a ton about kenwood subs. I honestly dont know if they can match the rest of your setup on quality. I might make a leap up to ALpine or RF for a subwoofer that would sound killer in that box.

What series Alpine would you suggest?
Old 01-26-2007, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

type r's are pure magic. the rated RMS on the 10's is 500w, but they can handle around 1000 continuously.(perfect for the 9152d) I would say get two SWR-1022's and wire them up to the 91 so the amp load is 1 ohm. that setup would be great for SQ then you would still have the option of shaking the road apart if you so desired. Also, in the exact price range as the kenwoods
Old 01-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Teching In

Thanks, I have a samsung sch-I730 phone so hopefully it won't be a problem. I'm going to upgrade my stock sound system around this head unit, I know I need to replace the front door speakers with components, but I'm a little confused if I need to replace the sail panel speakers and hatch speakers. I plan on putting a single 10 in a subthump box on the drivers side for bass, do I still need the sail panels? How about rear highs/mids?
Old 01-27-2007, 06:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by My99PewterTA
Thanks, I have a samsung sch-I730 phone so hopefully it won't be a problem. I'm going to upgrade my stock sound system around this head unit, I know I need to replace the front door speakers with components, but I'm a little confused if I need to replace the sail panel speakers and hatch speakers. I plan on putting a single 10 in a subthump box on the drivers side for bass, do I still need the sail panels? How about rear highs/mids?
I plan on disconnecting the rears( it's only a 4" and a tweeter). The speakers I put in the sail panels are for my mid and highs along with the fronts. I had to replace the sail speakers anyway because the pass. side was blown.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RedRallyeZ
type r's are pure magic. the rated RMS on the 10's is 500w, but they can handle around 1000 continuously.(perfect for the 9152d) I would say get two SWR-1022's and wire them up to the 91 so the amp load is 1 ohm. that setup would be great for SQ then you would still have the option of shaking the road apart if you so desired. Also, in the exact price range as the kenwoods

I was looking at those but wasn't sure if they would match good with that amp. Any suggestions as to wether or not I should upgrade my alt. or will installing the cap help?