Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Some Pics of my Amps/Subs...Almost finished!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fast01z28
install looks clean. are the wires run? if so, very good job of hiding them.

im not a big fan of kicker, they are middle of the road in every respect, and i really dislike audiobahn. either way though, nice clean install.

that system is good enough for "show". i wouldnt use it in car audio competitions (dB or SQ) but its looks clean enough for when the car itself is used in shows. im sure it also sounds better than stock stuff.
Wires are run...for the most part. I have some work to do before I can hook up the 350.4. Wires are simply glued w/ tacky glue (peels of relatively easily) and run on the inside of the support beams and hidden behind the back seat then run to the sail panels and from there it is the same as any other install. A lot easier than it sounds.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

I'm glad those days are over for me.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by fast01z28
install looks clean. are the wires run? if so, very good job of hiding them.

im not a big fan of kicker, they are middle of the road in every respect, and i really dislike audiobahn. either way though, nice clean install.

that system is good enough for "show". i wouldnt use it in car audio competitions (dB or SQ) but its looks clean enough for when the car itself is used in shows. im sure it also sounds better than stock stuff.

So who's your preference to compete with? Kicker has many audio awards. They must be doing something right.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say Kicker has some decent stuff, but they're not top on my list. They can get pretty loud, though. I'm not a fan of non-circular dynamic speakers for SQ, though.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dragonrage
I would say Kicker has some decent stuff, but they're not top on my list. They can get pretty loud, though. I'm not a fan of non-circular dynamic speakers for SQ, though.
Like I said, they got numerous awards. SQ and DB, they do well in both categories. Most don't buy them because of price. Despite their prices, they do rather well.

Another good point is JL audio. People won't buy them because of price. Yet, they do very well in the industry too.

It's all about choice. But I can pick 10 brands in the audio world that could compete all day long. It still boils down to the designer and tuner. Not the limitations of the manufacturer.

Fact is, most people buy what they can afford, not what they want.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would agree that you need bigger subs. It just looks weird with all those amps two little subs. But the install does look clean, like the way the amps are placed in there.