Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

PAC SWI-X installation Q

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 07:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JR HAWK 9
and properly mounted it there. I didn't want it hanging down and looking like it was a rush job.
aww it doesnt look bad, you cant even see it really. but yea drilling a hole would be optimal but I dont have to tools to do it lol
Old 03-01-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by imnotplutonium
aww it doesnt look bad, you cant even see it really. but yea drilling a hole would be optimal but I dont have to tools to do it lol

lol, I didn't mean that as a personal attack on ya bud.....lol I am a bit of a perfectionist and I tend to pay more attention to details than do most others, that's all

here's my old setup back when I had my old head unit and SWI-X. You can just make out the transmitter eye way up on the top part of the mount towards the left side.

Last edited by JR HAWK 9; 03-01-2007 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Resident

looks nice
Old 03-02-2007, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

Looks good. JR do you have a close up shot of the set up? Where's the IR receiver on your head unit?
Old 03-02-2007, 08:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Dave1970
Looks good. JR do you have a close up shot of the set up? Where's the IR receiver on your head unit?
no, sorry, I don't

The IR receiver is built in somewhere on the face of the head unit. It worked great and must have bounced the signal off the seat or something. The only situation where it had issues is when the sun shined directly on the head unit, but this only happened when the sun was in a particular position and my t tops were off. When this happened I just had to hold the face of my hand up near the transmitter to 'bounce' the signal off my hand and to the IR receiver. I also installed the SWI-X in my gf's Trans Am convertible years ago and mounted it where you did, in the cup holder pointing at the head unit. I did it this way in her car because seeing it's a convertible the chance of the sun shining directly at the head unit is greatly increased. Hers works great till this day as well.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Launching!

here is where i put mine if you put a cup in there it will still work with no problems.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:21 PM
TECH Resident

I just remembered that I still have the Metra mounting kit that my old 940MP and SWI-X transmitter eye was mounted to. Here are the pics of the hole I drilled for the transmitter to fit into. It's the exact same Metra mounting kit that is pictured above installed in post #22.

Paul
Old 03-02-2007, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

I'll get some shots of the placement. Basically, I placed it in the center back portion of the cup holder. I went as high as possible alowing fingers enough room to put it through the hole. With the way I shift and place my arm on the console that cup holder is basically non-functional.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I stuck my LED in the little rubber boot behind the parking brake. It just kinda sticks out there barely. I will move it somewhere else later. The module lives next to the trans tower under the console.

Quick Reply: PAC SWI-X installation Q