Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

What's the red light under the steering wheel to the light?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by realmendrivev8s
What kind of radio do you have in your car. The blue wire is usually the power antenna wire but should not stay on at all times and the amp turn on is usually blue with a white stripe. Id say that your turn on wire may be touching a constant wire somewhere, maybe the wire from the battery is touching the amp turn on terminal on the amp.
I have a Sony CDX-5700 I think. The first blue wire was the power antenna. I don't know what we have it connected to now tho. I think we just have it connected to the wrong wire. I'll have to look for another.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fredmr39
I say pull out that plastic piece and track it down - we all want to know!
Haha I don't have the tools with me at school. It's possible that one of the previous car owners (been a while ago- the previous owner was an older guy who never took the car over 70 and didn't try to do any kind of modifications whatsoever) had a stereo or a different aftermarket alarm that it was for and took it out when they sold it.

I just know that light is on whenever the amplifier is turned on, like when the blue remote wire is connected.

I'll try to pop the headunit out and look around for another wire when I get a chance, or I may just wait for a friend with a test light.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:41 AM
Launching!

if neither of the blue wires work you can hook it up to the red one too
Old 03-28-2007, 08:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by realmendrivev8s
if neither of the blue wires work you can hook it up to the red one too
What's is this red wire for? And I really don't remember what other wires were though, I'd have to look