Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Delco 10 cd changer install in my casset only

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 07:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delco 10 cd changer install in my casset only

My b4c has only a factory casset player in it.How big of a deal is it to install a factory Delco 10 cd changer in the trunk?(like the Z/28s come with)
Old 04-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 262 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by b4cchasecar
My b4c has only a factory casset player in it.How big of a deal is it to install a factory Delco 10 cd changer in the trunk?(like the Z/28s come with)
Your cassette player is capable of controlling the external CD changer so you know you have the necessary compatibility. In cars equipped with Monsoon systems (btw, not all Z/28s had Monsoon systems let alone CD changers), the harness from the head unit to the back of the car was already installed even if the car didn't come with the changer. I don't know if the B4C cars had the harness installed or not - I doubt it. You can lift off the left rear (hatch) trim panel and see if there is a wire harness wrapped in foam tape with a 10-pin plug on the end. If not, you'll have to get the harness as well as the changer.

Once you have all the pieces (changer, brackets, harness), it's a simple plug-and-play installation. The harness (if it isn't already installed) plugs into the back of the radio and runs down the left side of the car under the door sill panel to the hatch area. The changer mounts to the floor in the space to the left of the t-top storage area although you'll have to do a little work to attach the brackets - the factory brackets were welded to the floor. Then just plug it in and load some CDs.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cd changer install

Thanks for the input.Anyone out there with a factory Delco cd changer for sale?(Car is an 01 B4C Camaro,obviosly)
Old 04-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Check the For Sale section and make a post in the WTB (Want To Buy) section .