Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

* final INSTALL PICS of custom single 12" partial well box enclosure *

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 02:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fredmr39
The sub I am running is TC Sounds TC-9 (I considered others, including TC-1000 and Elemental Designs 13Ov.2 -- another driver from TC Sound
The 13Ov.2 is not made by TC sounds. Elemental Designs does all of it's own tooling on the K/O/and upcoming A series drivers.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The sub I am running is TC Sounds TC-9 (I considered others, including TC-1000 and Elemental Designs 13Ov.2 -- another driver from TC Sound

Originally Posted by Funkster
The 13Ov.2 is not made by TC sounds. Elemental Designs does all of it's own tooling on the K/O/and upcoming A series drivers.
FULL QUOTE
The sub I am running is TC Sounds TC-9 (I considered others, including TC-1000 and Elemental Designs 13Ov.2 -- another driver from TC Sounds, if you have the $$$, is the TC-3000)
Thanks Funkster -- I'm well aware though. If you're going to quote me, at least don't cut the quote in half..

I look forward to seeing more of the A series though.

Last edited by fredmr39; 07-09-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:21 PM
12 Second Club

FULL QUOTE

Thanks Funkster -- I'm well aware though. If you're going to quote me, at least don't cut the quote in half..

Judging by the quote the line looked like it was classifying the 13O as a driver built by TC sounds, it seemed as though you were saying the 13O was another driver by TC sounds. Sorry for the confusion and I was just trying to be informative.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 95bat
I think the TC-2000 is based off the TC2+ motor, which used to be the little brother of the TC-9.

Hopefully you'll like the TC-2000 I can't wait until I can afford to build something nice in my car with a pair of 15" TC-2000s or 3000s, havn't decided yet.
TC-9's is based off of the TC-2k -- so I'm not sure it would make sense that the TC-9 was based off of the TC-2k, if the TC-2k was based off TC2+ -- which you say used to be the little bro of the TC-9..... in that case, then you would be saying the TC-2k was based off of the TC-9, which is the opposite of the fact that the TC-2k was stripped down to create the TC-9................... did that make sense? who knows
Old 07-09-2007, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Funkster
Judging by the quote the line looked like it was classifying the 13O as a driver built by TC sounds, it seemed as though you were saying the 13O was another driver by TC sounds. Sorry for the confusion and I was just trying to be informative.
ha - no prob -- you probably just stopped reading the sentence once it looked wrong and went right onto quoting, not realiuzing there was more to the sentence
Old 07-09-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looks clean bro!
Old 07-09-2007, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

TC-9's is based off of the TC-2k -- so I'm not sure it would make sense that the TC-9 was based off of the TC-2k, if the TC-2k was based off TC2+ -- which you say used to be the little bro of the TC-9..... in that case, then you would be saying the TC-2k was based off of the TC-9, which is the opposite of the fact that the TC-2k was stripped down to create the TC-9................... did that make sense? who knows
The TC-9 has been around a lot longer than the TC-2000. TC Sounds stopped making it for a while, but brought it back a few months ago. I might be mixed up on it, it has been a while since I've read what driver came from where. I know the TC-9 has been around for a long time though.

FULL QUOTE
Did you hear about the patent infringement JL Audio in "investigating" over the new 13av.2?
http://www.audiojunkies.com/blog/305
Very interesting...
Old 07-10-2007, 09:38 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 95bat
The TC-9 has been around a lot longer than the TC-2000. TC Sounds stopped making it for a while, but brought it back a few months ago. I might be mixed up on it, it has been a while since I've read what driver came from where. I know the TC-9 has been around for a long time though.

Did you hear about the patent infringement JL Audio in "investigating" over the new 13av.2?
http://www.audiojunkies.com/blog/305
Very interesting...
The 13Av.2 has been basket was the only concern. It wasn't for infringing either it was for a likeliness claim. We redesigned the A series basket completely and increased rearward clearence a ton doing it. Check out the newest blog.

Newest Blog