Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Having prblems finding electrical harness (warnig 1988 IROC-Z w/ LS1 conversion)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having prblems finding electrical harness (warnig 1988 IROC-Z w/ LS1 conversion)

I am trying to track down a cooling fan electrical harness for a 1988 IROC-Z Camaro. When I bought the car the previous owner had gutted the harness and I need a new one for the car before I do the LS1 conversion. I don't want to have to go to the dealership to get it cause they really over charge but if I must I will. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

You should really join thirdgen.org as they will be able to help you out a lot more. I would say just hit up a local junkyard and pull it out of a car. If you join thirdgen.org you could just buy it off someone parting out their car. Also there is a bunch of people that have done ls1 swaps in thirdgens and a lot of info on that site about it if you search around.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Launching!

I've been to that site and a few others. I have seen plenty of sites that sell engine harnesses for TPI's and LS1's but can't find any that sell the dual cooling fan harness. I figured I would have to go to a junk yard.But the problem with that is that I need a dual fan harness and most in junkyards are single harnesses. The dealership so far sounds like my only option, unless someone else can help me figure it out. I think I will call a few sites.