Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need Some Help, Speaker Installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Some Help, Speaker Installation

Alright, so i bought some Sony Xplod 6.5 inch speaker's today. So i went to install them, and when i took out the factory speaker's. I noticed is was connected by 4 wires, 2 red & 2 black. So i went ahead and cut the wires, so i could remove the factory speaker's and keep the factory wiring. Then i cut & stripped the wires and then added the speaker connector's to em. Then i put em on tha new speakers. im wiring the 2 reds together, and tha 2 blacks together.

So i got music on tha 1st one, so i was like okk it's working this way. I must be wiring em correctly, then i tried tha otha speaker. Which im doing the door speaker's, so i did the same with tha other 1 and this time i was getting a staticy sound, like if the wiring or something isnt correct. Then i went ahead and raised tha volume up a lil more, and noticed that both sides are doing this noise.

I just asked over at crutchfield, but it will take till 2morrow for any new's. So i was wondering if anyone here can tell me what im doing wrong, or how to fix this. i dont think its the new speakers at all, shouldnt be.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try the Monsoon FAQ second post down, 4th paragraph...it explains everything you need to know under Upgrading the Monsoon!! It's alot is why I didn't tell you outright!!
Old 08-31-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Addict

i did read that section, got kinda lost but i figured it out myself. I just re-did the wiring, and this time i checked to see which red & black wire's were giving me good audio, and i just taped off the otha 2. so far, speaker's sound good just had to lower the bass volume. now i just need to replace my 2 rear seat speaker's.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:44 PM
Banned

they didnt have the pioneers there?
Old 08-31-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

they did have some pioneer's, but not in the 6.5 inch size for the car. they were either to small, or 6x9's. so i just went with the Sony's, atleast they'll do for now.

there were lightning audio speaker's there. they say there endorsed or like a by-product of Rockford Fosgate. i dont remember exactly what they said, but neva heard if they were good or not. so i didnt go with em....
Old 08-31-2007, 08:33 PM
Banned

good choice i never heard anything good about it. nor did i i hear good so..
Old 08-31-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Addict

yeaa, but the sony's will do. anything's better then hearing those busted factory speaker's i had.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:50 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Lightening Audio speakers are Rockford Fosgates lessor brand that Walmart carries. I carry brands like that as well...I know I push the CDT's very heavy but I do carry the cheaper brands. I do carry MA Audio's line of speakers as well. They are very nice for a budget brand. I carry their amps and subs as well.
If you need some inexpensive speakers and have a budget in mind I can always work with anyone to get them something decent in a budget upgrade!!