Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone with Autotrix passenger pwr window mod

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We would recommend a delco motor. I have still not replaced motors in my 96 or 98 with over 190,000 miles on both due to having our kit installed.

If the Delco motor is that much more expensive than AutoZone then I would go with it. Lots of people have had great luck with there motors. It is just a basic electric motor its hard to build it wrong. However, Anything autozone,advance etc.. Comes with the you might have to replace it in 3 days warranty AKA Lifetime Warranty.

I have not had to replace a motor in either car yet so I have no experience as to which motor is better from the too but when/if I do I will just go delco.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

I would advise you to buy both a motor and the kit. Install the kit first to see if it can revive your window motor a bit longer and once the motor fails the kit is already in place to allow the new window motor a long lasting life.

It is hard to tell how damaged and the condition of the current window motor you have installed, so it is hard to say if you will need a motor.

These motors fail, and eventually need to be replaced. The best possible outcome is for you is to install both the kit and a new motor.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

What did you end up doing?
Old 06-21-2008, 12:50 PM

What was your outcome?
Old 08-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Teching In

I just installed my Autotrix kit today about 30 minutes ago. I have to say... that was the most amazing thing ive ever seen. I was expecting my window to roll down at a normal pace and roll back up halfway like it used to. Hell, I thought it may not even work... But it worked... and it worked REALLY well. I didnt even have to replace the motor!

The hardest part of the install was just removing parts from the car to run the wiring. Everything else is pretty easy with the instructions.

Seriously, if you are the slightest bit mechanically inclined, or you know someone who could install this for you... order this kit!
Old 08-28-2008, 01:08 PM

Thanks for the praise Jake; glad to hear your results!
Old 01-04-2009, 03:00 AM
TECH Regular

Old post but im bumping it because im having the same problem as the OP...

I have a different ground but it should be fine......hmm I guess ill change that?
Old 01-04-2009, 09:32 PM
TECH Regular

Just checked my ground and positive and they are good.

Its just the brown and dark blue wire from the window motor..where the heck are these wires coming from?! Are they the ones that I cut that I connect my black wires from the relays to?

Very poor instructions and pictures.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

judging from the diagram, yes.

does this kit work if, in the case of my 95 with an express down module/no bcm, you have an express down module wired into your passenger window switch and motor?

also, is there anything for the driverside?
Old 01-04-2009, 10:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
judging from the diagram, yes.

does this kit work if, in the case of my 95 with an express down module/no bcm, you have an express down module wired into your passenger window switch and motor?

also, is there anything for the driverside?

Exactly what is so "poor" or hard to understand about the diagram? We have been selling this kit for 2 years with nothing but great customer comments.

We would be more than happy to update anything that is unclear.

Yes the kit will work with the wired in express down module. You can find customer comments and more info at www.autotrix.net
Old 01-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Launching!

I consider myself electrically challanged (Actually, I call myself legally stupid when it comes to electrical stuff!).....and I managed to install this kit with no trouble at all...I thought the instructions were great!
Old 01-18-2009, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My driver's window is really slow. Will buying the passenger kit free up the 12v for the driver's? Will installing the passenger kit help my driver's window?
Old 01-18-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Martin HD-28
My driver's window is really slow. Will buying the passenger kit free up the 12v for the driver's? Will installing the passenger kit help my driver's window?
The only time the driver side is under powered is when both windows are being operated at the same time. Installing the passenger kit will isolate both windows on their own circuits.

If your driver side window is already real slow when only rolling it up or down, the motor is most likely already getting worn out.

Installing the kit will assure proper voltage at all times and make sure you are not replacing anymore motors but it may be too late for the driver side motor.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I am having the same problem as the OP. I have checked the wiring and everything is good. This is the 3rd kit i have installed so I know what I am doing. I tried emailing and PMing autotrix, but have gotton no response...I guess this kit was just a waste of my money...
Old 01-20-2009, 12:39 AM

ttt...
Old 01-20-2009, 06:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nhra-trans-am
I am having the same problem as the OP.
Sorry, I guess I don't understand what the problem is.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rmpitzer
Sorry, I guess I don't understand what the problem is.
I think he is frustrated with autotrix for not responding.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by OhOneWS6
I think he is frustrated with autotrix for not responding.
Exactly. I am now in contact with them and I am trying to fix the problem.

EDIT...turns out there was a problem with the window motor, not the kit. The Autotrix kit works fine.

Last edited by nhra-trans-am; 02-05-2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm also having problems. I installed the Autotrix and everything worked fine. Then I tried to install the express down module, but couldn't get to work. So I took it out and rewired it back to what it was and now the window will only go down and not up. Based on provided diagram (the one you get from the website, my kit wasn't shipped with any instructions) everything looks wired correctly. Both relays are clicking, an electrician looked at the window motor and said its fine. Don't really know what to do but maybe get an electrican to rewire the whole thing. Its weird because it was working fine before I introduced the express down module to it.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dgformula2k
I'm also having problems. I installed the Autotrix and everything worked fine. Then I tried to install the express down module, but couldn't get to work. So I took it out and rewired it back to what it was and now the window will only go down and not up. Based on provided diagram (the one you get from the website, my kit wasn't shipped with any instructions) everything looks wired correctly. Both relays are clicking, an electrician looked at the window motor and said its fine. Don't really know what to do but maybe get an electrican to rewire the whole thing. Its weird because it was working fine before I introduced the express down module to it.
Are you trying to install OUR Express down module?

Our instructions are web only that is why the URL is listed on the product package. So you were not missing anything from your kit.

Quick Reply: Anyone with Autotrix passenger pwr window mod