Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wiring newer seats in a 94

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 02:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wiring newer seats in a 94

got some 99 WS6 seats to put in my 94.. i had stock air bolsters in it but took it all off because it didnt work.. all I got running anywhere is a ground and power to the driver side now taped off.. the connectors on the 99 has alot of stuff im mainly concerned about the power seat working for now on the driver side
Old 10-22-2007, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

btumpp
Old 10-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 281 Likes on 244 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

There are only two wires you need to make the power seat work - power and ground. The factory setup has an orange wire and a black wire for power and ground respectively.

Now, if you also want the lumber support to work then you have a lot more to connect. The lumbar inflator and control module for both seats is under the passenger seat. You will need a cross car harness with four wires to go from driver's side to passenger's side plus a power and ground for the passenger's side. The four wires just go color to color (red to red, gray to gray, etc.) under the seats. Oddly, the factory connecting harness uses different colors in between (e.g. red to purple to red) but there is no reason to do that.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
There are only two wires you need to make the power seat work - power and ground. The factory setup has an orange wire and a black wire for power and ground respectively.

Now, if you also want the lumber support to work then you have a lot more to connect. The lumbar inflator and control module for both seats is under the passenger seat. You will need a cross car harness with four wires to go from driver's side to passenger's side plus a power and ground for the passenger's side. The four wires just go color to color (red to red, gray to gray, etc.) under the seats. Oddly, the factory connecting harness uses different colors in between (e.g. red to purple to red) but there is no reason to do that.
ok atleast i can get power seats working, on the lumbar i had it stock but the cross harness is different because its a 94 and all the connectors are different.. i see this time the passenger seat has all the air stuff instead of the driver seat like last time (imagine because driver is power)