Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How in the hell?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How in the hell?

OK i'm going to sound like a MAJOR RETARD but. How do you get the damn speaker covers off the door without breaking the little b@$tards ? I'm not kidding i had the worst time with it and i don't want to break them so yeah... any help would be great!
Old 06-21-2003, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: How in the hell?

I used to put both hands on one side of the cover and try to get my fingers underneath one side while pushing it against the door on the other side. Those things really are a pain. You basically have to squeeze the cover and pull outwards.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

I found that one of mine was hot glued from the factory to make up for a broken tab. Ticked me off. I did have to break it to get it off and buy a new grill for $7
Old 06-21-2003, 10:48 PM
Teching In

You know what i'm talkin about then? there are like 2 tabs on the right and the left that just snap out if you pull on it but there is one on the top and bottom that seem like they are hooked in there i've pushed down pulled up and i just can't get it how did you guys finally get it out?
Old 06-22-2003, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you're really set on not breaking these things, just pull off the door panel--it's not that hard. With the panel off, you can get to the cover from behind. Besides, it's a hell of a lot easier to change speakers with the entire panel off. The covers should pull right off, it sounds like something's not quite right-maybe that hot glue thing.
Old 06-23-2003, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I didn't think those little things came off. Mine actually started to break before I gave up and just took the door off.

I say get the little covers off if you can, taking the door off is a pain in the ***. Well, atleast putting it back on was.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Pull off the door panel not the speaker grills believe me the idiot before me broke some of the tabs and i had to SuperT them back on(this stuff puts super glue to shame). Take all 4 screws out of the door. Pop the lock plastic piece off, then pop the controls out and disconnect them. Then pull on the doors edges carefully. If you brake one of the clips the door will rattle. And new clips cost $25 each at the dealer.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:04 AM
TECH Resident

DO NOT pull it or it will break off. The T/A ones come off but the Camaro's don't come apart. Ask me how I know. SNAP!!!