Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Really dumb stealthbox question

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Really dumb stealthbox question

The whole idea is to be able to use the t-top holders, right?

Well we had an exceptionally nice day today, so I put the driver's top in, no problem.. The passenger's, however, was pressed firmly into the subwoofer's surround as I tried to fit it in.

Am I correct in thinking that the stealthbox should be basically flush against the backside of the plastic trim panel, or is it supposed to be further back?

I had a helluva time reinstalling the t-top holders and getting the stealthbox in because of all the deadening I used back there, so I'm not certain I have it back far enough.

I have a Fi Q10, on which the surround on does protrude quite prominently because of the high xmax (27mm), so that could be the problem in itself.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ttops do look tight. Make sure you have the ttops oriented right- top/bottom, front/back.

Andy
Old 02-19-2008, 08:51 AM
12 Second Club

^^Thats also not a stealth box.

You should have clearance. I used zero sound deadening & I have absolutely no rattles from my system. The boxes are designed to load in the quarter, so you shouldn't get alot of rattles unless you got alot fo loose stuff back there.

Try removing some of the deadening material & get the box in correctly. That should solve your problem. Also a pic would be helpful.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was a pita to get in because of the deadening too. If I remember correctly, when I put the t-tops in the holders, I barely have enough room, but my sub doesnt have as big a surround as yours. This is talked about with a potential fix in this thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/661248-t-top-holder-mod.html
Old 02-19-2008, 10:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

you may have too large of a sub, and need to shift the t-top over, I did a W7 install when they first came out few years ago, and had to use weather stripping on the left side of the t-top holder, and grind a notch in the right holder to get the t-top to shift over without hitting the sub or surround.

Ryan
Old 02-19-2008, 06:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow.

I have the driver's side AND passenger side stealthboxes and I don't have a problem putting my t-tops in their respected holders...