Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

question on HID's

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default question on HID's

anybody running the ebay HID kits??

these are with xenon bulbs for 75 bucks shipped

these are 70 bucks shipped

i cant justify spending 250 for HIDs if i can get comparable ones for 70 freakin bucks

you can choose the temperature of your bulbs from 4300k to 12000k

what are your thoughts?

i didnt want to post direct links since sponsors do sell these items, i just want to know if they are worth the money

thanks in advance
Old 02-20-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

imo it goes back to this, you get what you pay for. I would rather spend the money and buy something from a trusted sponsor. that way you know it will work, you know about the quality, and if something goes wrong, they will help you with your problem. But if you do buy them, its only 70 bucks, let me know how they are, and post some pics!
Old 02-20-2008, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

I am with you on this one. I just bought the EXACT same kit in the second picture for 70.00 shipped. The only problem I ran into was one of the pins in the ballast was slightly bent from shipping. Straightened it out and it was a true plug and play affair. So far they seem to work perfect, but it has only been a few days since I have had them. Time will tell.

I went with 5K but got 6K bulbs. I was worried they would be too blue, but they aren't they are still very white. When they turn on you get a quick flash then a deep blue. As they warm up they get to a bright white.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

alot of them on ebay are warrantied, you just have to read what ones are.. i think im gonna buy some on ebay.. ill prolly get 6k bulbs, maybe 8k but im not sure
Old 02-20-2008, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Once you get past 8K they just become more and more blue. They don't light up any more then a halogen bulb at that point. If you are doing it for looks then I guess thast is cool, but I wanted to see better so I went with the 5K. This was my main worry when I got the 6K in the package, but so far they aren't very blue at all.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

how do you know which one to get? just get the 9006 ones since thats what bulb we use? and there all the same besides that? and what about the fog lights?
Old 02-20-2008, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

here is a link to camaro bulb sizes
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...RG-Results.htm

most of the ebay ones want you to specify size and temperature in your "payment details" section, just read the auction and they should tell you how to order.. most sell hi beams, low beams and fog lights

find one with a warranty too (i found one that offered a 2 year warranty).. i think im gonna order some next paycheck
Old 02-20-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

i found the one on the bottom... is that the one with the warranty?
Old 02-20-2008, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99kamarokid
i found the one on the bottom... is that the one with the warranty?
Does it say it in the add? The ones I got have a 1 year warranty, but the problem is who the **** do I send it to if it breaks? In reality if they take a **** a paid a bit more than some Silver Stars that I would have bought, so no big deal.

When I ordered I specified what style bulbs and what heat range.