Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Having My car "Dynamatted"

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Having My car "Dynamatted"

Well the title is a little misleading. There will be no Dynamat in my car. I'm using two Cascade audio door kits for the doors and for the entire floor I am using "FrostKing Duct insulation" that I got from Lowes for $15 a roll. Each roll is 12" wide by 15' long. I read a thread in here about this stuff and a cascade dealer said it was exactly the same material as their expensive dampening product. I can't wait to have this finished, because my off-road y-pipe with the magnaflow exhaust is freaking loud! Oh, I had the guys go ahead and run me an amp kit back to my subthump box and I had him run me some speaker wires to my doors and sails for a future amp. I will post updates as soon as I get them
Old 05-06-2008, 02:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

asphalt products are crap. And you'll need more than a layer of that stuff to kill noise in our cars. I'd go with two layers of it plus two layers of a foam like the ensolite I used.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

Which of mine are you referring to and which one did you use?
Old 05-06-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

I used raammat and ensolite. Frost king is going to get REALLY messy under there. I hope you never have to take your carpet off again to look at it. Also, it won't stick very well to vertical surfaces. I wanted to use it at first, too.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Yeah the guys called me and said the same thing about the sticky. They also said the cascade wasn't sticking either. I can get my hands on some Dynamat extreme so I think that is the route I will go tomorrow
Old 05-06-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

No, don't go for Extreme. Extreme is great but WAY, WAY, WAY overpriced. Go Second Skin Damplifier Pro if you want expensive and great. Damplifier for middle ground. Raammat for value but still good. I did use Second Skin sludge in my doors and behind my sail panel speakers, too, and it's cool stuff. Very nice for in the doors. My doors also have some Raammat on them.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

aggiebutter, if you haven't already, i highly recommend that you read the Sound Deadener Showdown before deciding on a certain product to go with. at least be informed about what you're putting in your car.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with dynomat in the doors and alittle in the bottom of the trunk and on that top area right behind the rear seats. Then used frost king to cover the entire trunk and sail panel area. Noticed alittle differnce in road noise but nothing huge, it mostly just made my stereo sound better(thats not what I was after but its a plus).