Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Power windows going out. Which ones are best, fast?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Power windows going out. Which ones are best, fast?

My driver side went out at 10k and the dealer replaced it under warranty. Well in the last month of my warranty it went out again but the car has 37k miles on it.
Anyway, who has the best ones or do I have to get the shitty factory ones again? I remember reading about some guy who made some AutoZone windows work and they were twice as fast. I don't mind a little modifying. Any advice? Thanks Guys.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Power windows going out. Which ones are best, fast?

go to oriely or autozone, etc. they have rebuilt ones, some of which carry a lifetime warranty... look into it.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Power windows going out. Which ones are best, fast?

Autozone sells the Seimens motor (German company). Lifetime warranty as Frank stated. Cost is about 60 bucks. It won't be any faster than your stock motor. I really don't believe they are rebuilt motors. Too many little differences.

There was a very good "how-to" for this on the internet, but it's not working anymore. Maybe someone knows of one that is working.

The replacement involves drilling out the rivets that attach the old motor. Bolts are used as a replacement for the rivets with the new one.

Ron,