Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Last of the breed badge

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 01:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Last of the breed badge

I've been thinking of putting a last of the breed badge on my car even though it's a '99 not a '02. Do you think it would look good between the taillights over the key hole, or should I just leave it blank.

Last edited by black_sheep454; 04-03-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

i don't really like those badges on any other year besides 02s.. but for some reason if I had a red trans am I would rock those disregarding what year it was.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its not an 02, so why would you get the badge

I could see getting one with something else written on it.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

i got the badge. like T.A.J. said, it just fit the car perfectly. plus, i kind of see the "last" as the last style in the cars history, instead of the last year. so to me, it fits either way.

or, like 7th Darkness suggested, you can get them with something custom written on them, emblempros has done that before. personal touches always look great. if i would have thought about that when i got mine, i would have gone that route instead.

as far as using it on the center tail panel, i also considered doing the same thing. But, 1) i think it'll be a little small, and look somewhat out of place in the large black area. 2) that panel has a pretty dramatic curve, and the badge does not bend much at all, its pretty stiff. so if you're gonna use it there, you'll need to find a way to get it to bend to the curvature, because i dont think the tape will hold it. maybe if you install it, and just run a heat gun directly over it for like 5 minutes to soften it up, that might help it out.

Last edited by crimson_bird; 04-03-2010 at 02:14 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Before this gets out of hand with I figuerd this and I figured that, the certificate that comes with them leaves little room for interpritation as to what year car they are meant for:
Old 04-03-2010, 02:56 AM
On The Tree

If you like them go for it. Will look fine!!
Old 04-03-2010, 10:16 AM
TECH Veteran

i'm not familiar with 02's, but did they come with like a package with the LOTB badges and that certificate? i was trying to do some research a while ago as to where the badges originated, or which cars came with them, and i came up dry.

while the certificate is indeed very specific, i can't say the same for the badge, unless they came as a little bundle with each 2002 car. then i'd see the badge in a completely different way. let me know 97ramsst, thanks. might just have to make me take the damned thing off ma car .

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
Before this gets out of hand with I figuerd this and I figured that, the certificate that comes with them leaves little room for interpritation as to what year car they are meant for:
Old 04-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Staging Lane

Default Certificate

I was wondering has there ever been a certificate put out showing the build information showing it being a limited edition? I seen them for allot of other cars but not for the WS6. If so let me know. I mess around with CS allot so heres something i put together just for kicks, prob never do anything with it but it looks neat.
Attached Thumbnails Last of the breed badge-limited-edition-certificate.jpg  
Old 04-03-2010, 10:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
i'm not familiar with 02's, but did they come with like a package with the LOTB badges and that certificate? i was trying to do some research a while ago as to where the badges originated, or which cars came with them, and i came up dry.

while the certificate is indeed very specific, i can't say the same for the badge, unless they came as a little bundle with each 2002 car. then i'd see the badge in a completely different way. let me know 97ramsst, thanks. might just have to make me take the damned thing off ma car .
They were a dealer installed option on late 2002s (after the end of production was announced.) They were not "factory" pieces but were ordered through dealerships to be placed on 2002 cars. They came with the certificate pictured above, a key chain and the two badges:

With that said its your car, you can put what ever you want on it. But the argument non-02 owners make about them being intended for all 98-02 Birds just doesn't hold water. They were without question ment to go on just the 2002s....the LAST Firebirds made.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Launching!

Its not something I would do, but if you like it, go for it. I only suggest not putting on the filler panel if you do. I originally put Trans Am decals and a late 4th gen bird on mine and just recently took them all off realizing that it looks MUCH cleaner blank. Im going to be wetsanding and buffing mine this spring to make it completely blank.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

They were a dealer installed option on late 2002s (after the end of production was announced.) They were not "factory" pieces but were ordered through dealerships to be placed on 2002 cars. They came with the certificate pictured above, a key chain and the two badges:

With that said its your car, you can put what ever you want on it. But the argument non-02 owners make about them being intended for all 98-02 Birds just doesn't hold water. They were without question ment to go on just the 2002s....the LAST Firebirds made.
Kind of makes me feel like an ***. I too thought it was for the 98-02 T/A's because they were the last body style. Wasn't aware it was just for the 02's. My battery cover says last of the breed on my 2000
Old 04-03-2010, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ethomp
Kind of makes me feel like an ***. I too thought it was for the 98-02 T/A's because they were the last body style. Wasn't aware it was just for the 02's. My battery cover says last of the breed on my 2000
No need to feel like an ***...its your car and 99% of the people that see it would never know. It just bugs me that so many people say they were intended for 98-02s and its just a fact that they were not. But like I said its your car so if you like them put them on it.

Hell I have an 02 and an original LOTB kit and dont like the look of them on the car so I am NOT going to put them on. lol
Old 04-03-2010, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

who cares? exterior-wise no one will be able to tell it's not an 02. and even if they know it's not it's still the last body style.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put the LOTB badges on my car the other day.. Yes it is a 2002 model

Old 04-03-2010, 02:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who cares what year it is, its your car do as you please. Its like someone judging you because youve got a "Fox Racing" T-shirt on but you dont ride. WHO CARES its a damn shirt, just like this is an Emblem. Most of us left highschool behind when we graduated so lets leave that **** to 15-18 yr olds. Yes they are ment for the 02 Models only and were an Option the dealers could put on. So what, its a good looking badge, emblem whatever and it looks good on cars. Theres people who clone Firehawks. As a Firehawk owner Im like whatever, I see why they want to because my car looks bad *** and they want it to be like mine. Its different so thats why I wanted a Firehawk. We can go back and forth on this all day they shouldnt be on anything but an 02 or they can go on whatever..Either way I kinda like them, but not sure if I like them enough to spend the $$. They look bad *** on Red T/As..

My Vote GET ONE!
Old 04-03-2010, 02:02 PM
TECH Veteran

No need to feel like an ***...its your car and 99% of the people that see it would never know. It just bugs me that so many people say they were intended for 98-02s and its just a fact that they were not. But like I said its your car so if you like them put them on it.

Hell I have an 02 and an original LOTB kit and dont like the look of them on the car so I am NOT going to put them on. lol
just being the way i am, i dont like badges being on cars they are not supposed to be on. i see nothing wrong with putting a ws6 hood on my car, but i'd never claim to be a ws6, and if i had a z28 i'd never call it an SS, no matter if i changed all of the parts. thats just me. now knowing the true story of the LOTB badges i wouldn't put them on a non 2002. if i were keeping my car, i'd take them off now, and get something else to fill their spot. but since i'm selling it in a couple weeks, i'll leave them on since they look nice.

Last edited by crimson_bird; 04-03-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 223HAWK
Who cares what year it is, its your car do as you please. Its like someone judging you because youve got a "Fox Racing" T-shirt on but you dont ride. WHO CARES its a damn shirt, just like this is an Emblem. Most of us left highschool behind when we graduated so lets leave that **** to 15-18 yr olds. Yes they are ment for the 02 Models only and were an Option the dealers could put on. So what, its a good looking badge, emblem whatever and it looks good on cars. Theres people who clone Firehawks. As a Firehawk owner Im like whatever, I see why they want to because my car looks bad *** and they want it to be like mine. Its different so thats why I wanted a Firehawk. We can go back and forth on this all day they shouldnt be on anything but an 02 or they can go on whatever..Either way I kinda like them, but not sure if I like them enough to spend the $$. They look bad *** on Red T/As..

My Vote GET ONE!
All of that gets thrown out the window when someone asks for everyones opinion tho. It would be different if he said hes gonna get it and everyone jumped on him for it.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

My only point is that when people say that the LAST OF THE BREED applies to all 98-02 TAs they are wrong. Most people have never seen the Certificate that came with the orignal badges and it clearly states LAST YEAR OF PRODUCTION....no room for discussion or opinion or whatever. If you want to put them on a 84 I could care less, just dont say that the LAST OF THE BREED could in its original intention be anything other that an 02.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

but....they didnt know until 02 that they were gonna stop production, that that year was the last year. and i think the badge is good for any of the 5 years since our gen was the last...
Old 04-03-2010, 02:26 PM
FormerVendor

If you guys like them, just place something custom text there in place of "last of the breed", and your problem is solved "if it bothers you". We have already made some for others like this, and they look fine.
My car is a 2001 SOM, I have them on it, and they aren't coming off.

Thanks, Roger

Quick Reply: Last of the breed badge