Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fiberglass Fabricators Inc. ...?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiberglass Fabricators Inc. ...?

has anyone bought a hood from these guys? I gotta pick up a hood in the next week or so and they seem to have ok prices on fiberglass hoods. plus they gotta really odd looking 4 inch cowl hood that just looks so rediculous that i want it.
anyone deal with these guys? any pics of a black camaro with a 4 inch cowl hood?
Thnx Travis
Old 01-07-2004, 06:18 AM
Staging Lane

Default hood

I'm looking to buy a hood from them too.....I've heard nothing about them. I'm kinda interested too in anyone's comments/thoughts about their hoods also. The last hood I bought was a 2"cowl at Carlise PA, at the national GM show- not sure who made that hood, it fit pretty good after having to have the dealership ajust the fenders to get the sides flush.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:42 AM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

I have a 2" cowl hood on my Camaro that I bought about a year and a half ago from Fiberglass Fabricators. I had no issues with it. As with all aftermarket hoods it will need some prep work but it did not need nearly as much as some of the more expensive brands I have seen and I had no issues with fitment of the hood.

I would recommend this company. I don't have a big pic handy but this small pic might give you some idea as to how one of their 2" cowls looks (mine is a ram air looking hood that is actually a 2" cowl).

Old 01-07-2004, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

what all is involved to prep their hoods? i dont care too much about prepping its just i just hate fitment issues. Im looking at their 4 inch cowl hood that i saw on Ebay i gave them a call last night, their shipping prices seem reasonable (from TN to Northern Va its gonna run me 77 bucks plus about 10 bucks for insurance). I kinda got teh feeling that they were more businessmen than say the guys that work for TSP and TBryne who seem to eat sleep and **** Fbods. i kinda just got a salesmens speil about their stuff, but it was informative.
Sandyz440, their number is 423 499 0200. if its a long distance call id recommend you telling them that lol.
I guess we'll see here by the end of the month how their stuff is. ill post up a thread about the quality.
Thanks fellas
Travis
Old 01-07-2004, 02:06 PM
Staging Lane

I had to do minimal wet sanding and found just one low spot that needed a tad of fill. Like I said, fitment was near perfect. I bought mine off eBay (the only way I have found to buy from them) as well and it was the same price shipped to Northern Kentucky.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:25 AM
11 Second Club

I got my hood from them too, fitment was great only a little filling needed to be done, On a scale from 1 - 10... FFI gets a 9 1/2.
The body shop got a hood from carhoods, and had to fill the hell out of it for his own truck, He was impressed with FFI. We got the hood in 9 days, carhoods takes 4-5 weeks
Old 01-08-2004, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

cargasmic man! Im debating between that double vision hood, and the monster 4 inch cowl hood they have...only problem with the 4 inch hood is off the car it looks similar to that of a ragged out puss, if you wanna see what i mean get a pic of a **** star in a bikini ....in the wise words of comedian ron white..."things that make you go...ewwwwblah". anyways back to the subject...about filling can u use the standard putty fill stuff with a fiberglass hood? never dealt with an aftermarket hood so im still learning. thanks
Travis
Old 01-09-2004, 02:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bharnz
I got my hood from them too, fitment was great only a little filling needed to be done, On a scale from 1 - 10... FFI gets a 9 1/2.
The body shop got a hood from carhoods, and had to fill the hell out of it for his own truck, He was impressed with FFI. We got the hood in 9 days, carhoods takes 4-5 weeks
******* bad!!!
Old 01-09-2004, 02:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slik98z
cargasmic man! Im debating between that double vision hood, and the monster 4 inch cowl hood they have...only problem with the 4 inch hood is off the car it looks similar to that of a ragged out puss, if you wanna see what i mean get a pic of a **** star in a bikini ....in the wise words of comedian ron white..."things that make you go...ewwwwblah". anyways back to the subject...about filling can u use the standard putty fill stuff with a fiberglass hood? never dealt with an aftermarket hood so im still learning. thanks
Travis
The quality of this hood is awesome, if you were to just put the hood on with a little block sanding and paint it it would look great, out of the box it looked ready to go.

Quick Reply: Fiberglass Fabricators Inc. ...?