Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Throw me some feedback

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 01:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Throw me some feedback

Did this over the last couple weekends, for under $70 total.

I know it still needs a drop, working on it... Just got my double adjustable LCAs in.

Anyway, front bird and CETA done in semi gloss, picked up some used clear side markers for $10 (needed some refinishing, turned out good imo), and niteshades (+ a crap ton of clear, lol)

No close up shots yet, but here's what I got...

Love it? Hate it? I'm pretty happy with it.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:47 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks pretty clean man! The tails have just the right amount of tint to them. Corners and CETA look nice. I like it a lot! Question though, ever think about blackbird stripes on the hood? I think it would compliment the rest of the black accents.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm lovin it! great work with everything so far, it really looks good. and the drop will really be the icing on the cake.

Just two tiny suggestions that'll cost next to nothing:

1) get rid of the monster antenna! being that all of your lights are off, and you're antennas up, i'm assuming yours is broken, just like so many others who've had to deal with that. mine was stuck up when i bought it. pick up a shorty antenna. i recommend: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SHORT...ht_3554wt_1165 - i've bought two from there, for the camaro and the trans am, couldn't be happier. and you get to choose the size, anywhere between 8-31". And you'll retain perfect reception. just grab an antenna base from a scrapped camaro.

2) and i recommend this to ALL trans am owners, because quite frankly, our reverse lights look very out of place: black out the reverse section of the tail lights. the back flows so much better without the random bug eyes back there. I dont know why pontiac felt they had to add those to like everyone of their cars . for reference: https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...-trans-am.html and crazyelf just did his as well: https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ghts-pics.html

other than that, i've got nothing.

edit* #3- get yourself some fill in letters for the rear: http://emblempros.com/inserts_overlays
Old 05-21-2010, 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the compliments and feedback! I'm really happy with how the tails came out.. Dim, but visible during the day, don't even know they're tinted at night.

Crimson:

Yeah, after I took the shots I thought "****, I should have pushed the antenna down..." I had it pushed down for a long time trying to motivate me to fix it (radio reception sucks), but finally just gave up after alloting money else where. It's my DD at the moment (heads/cam DDs are fun, lol), but meh. I want to get another power antenna, or just shave it and get a hidden antenna.

As far as the reverse lights, I've seen them blacked out on a friend of mine's T/A, and I like them better not blacked. The circles break up the smoothness of the light, and if it's going to be broken up, I didn't want it to look like I was just too lazy to mask them off. Not to mention, the light output of his vs mine is pretty good.

As for the fill in letters, I thought about painting them when I painted the bird and CETA... don't know why I didn't, but I like the look of the fill ins. I like it without, too though, just because it's there, but not quite noticeable. I dunno.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

i would deffinitly tint the reverse lights. thats why i love my lt1 taillights
Old 05-21-2010, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think your car flows really good without the fill-ins and I usually love the look of them.
I think some blackbird stripes would look really good along with removing that red bird on the back filler panel because it sticks out like a sore thumb
Old 05-21-2010, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Crimson pretty much summed it up for me. fill ins, rear filler panel, corsa clone tips, VHT reverse lights, new antenna, a drop, and you're done =]
Old 05-21-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Resident

id keep the reverse lights like they are, i think it breaks up the lights. but id shave the key hole and take out the firebird and "trans am" in the center panel. Also a set of blackbird stripes and the "pontiac" fill in in the rear bumper would be nice, itd be nice black accents. another thing i did awhile ago to my old arctic white t/a was i used body filler on the top of the third break light so itd sit flush with the spoiler on top and then painted it white to match the car, it looks clean. but nice car!
Old 05-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Teching In

Your car looks great! Nice job!!
Old 05-21-2010, 04:47 PM
TECH Regular

the more i look at your pics the more i like the un tinted reverse lights it looks really good with the rest of the car imo
Old 05-21-2010, 05:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I think it looks great. Just lower the car and replace the power antenna. I used an off-the-shelf Metra 31" power antenna (over 1.5 years ago) and really can't understand why people would want to put ugly 1950s technology fixed mast antennas on these modern looking cars. One other suggestion I'd give is to buy a tail light filler panel that has had the bird/logo removed. Mine was partially faded so I just used rubbing alcohol to remove the remaining paint but the paint on your panel looks really good and you may like it. If you want to keep the logo I suggest installing a white vinyl overlay to help with the color-matching.

Or you could turn your car into a clone of everyone elses, and put every single vinyl fill-in and overlay that money can buy to make it look as distracting and busy as possible, and then put on Corsa Clones to top it off to ensure that your car looks like all the other modded F-bodies in the world.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

PERFECT! Lower it and you're golden. I'm not sure how I feel about the red bird logo and text on the back though. It doesn't look bad, but I think there might be better options. I would either remove it, or maybe get a semi-gloss black overlay so you can still see it when you get up close, but it doesn't stand out.

And thank you for getting clear side markers. I hate it when people with white cars (and other light colors) black out those lights, it looks really cheesy and out of place when they do that. Blacked out marker lights only look good on black/dark cars. Same principle when you see black cars with clear side markers, it's distracting and I just don't get it. Why bring attention to your side markers?

Nice job with everything you've done. Very tastefully modded car
Old 05-22-2010, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

damn i always wanted a white ws6, throw some black deep dish rims on !
Old 05-22-2010, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Id paint the sail panel black, and get blackbird stripes.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Launching!

Looking good. Is the CETA mod flat or satin? I have an all white car and I'm trying to decide what shade to go with.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:39 PM
TECH Regular

Satin on the CETA
Old 05-22-2010, 11:22 PM
12 Second Club

Looks great, I love white trans ams
Old 05-23-2010, 02:09 AM
On The Tree

Car lookes good !!
Old 05-23-2010, 02:31 AM
On The Tree

I love it! That's exactly what I wanted to do if I could've have found a white WS6.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

"Stormtrooper T/A" love it, clean.

Quick Reply: Throw me some feedback