Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Car covers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car covers?

Sorry for in the wrong section just thought question would get more hits.

I'm looking for a good car cover. I don't have a garage and will be keeping car in driveway.

I'm trying to do the best i can to take care of car with out having a garage.

Car will not be driven much. once maybe twice a week.

Any good brands or sites.

thanks guys for any post
Old 07-13-2010, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

I know this may not be what you want to hear, but I do not like using car covers. I have to say that I only have experience with a cheap one from Wally World, but it was not a very good experience. It wasn't waterproof, so if we got a little shower the dust that had settled under the cover would be puddled up by the rain drops. I also felt like it was scratching the car a little bit every time I removed the cover. The car cover I had was not the best choice for protection on a nice car that has to be kept outside in the elements, especially if the cover is going to be removed quite frequently.

I know this doesn't help you make a selection, but my recommendations would be to either: 1. Keep car uncovered and WASHED and WAXED, especially after a rain or 2. Keep car washed and waxed and keep under a carport (they are relatively inexpensive if you view your car as being worth anything at all).

*Exception: The only time that I might consider using a cover is when there is no chance of rain for a while, and the sun is going to be beating down on the car, and I am not going to remove the cover for a while.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the coverking stormproof cover for outside use.

I paid $220 with a coupon from a reseller/sponsor on here.

The cover is untreated, and like the most waterproof cover I've ever used, you can stick it in the washer/dryer, anything, since there's no coating to wear off. it feels like an expensive golf jacket, it's custom made for our cars and fits like a glove.

Order from ( http://www.southerncarparts.com/cove...ers-p-579.html ) and use coupon code "carcover" without quotes for 25% off your order, it comes out to be $236 shipped, and worth every penny, it'll take a few weeks to arrive, there isnt many other better outside covers then this one.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mischief
Check out the coverking stormproof cover for outside use.

I paid $220 with a coupon from a reseller/sponsor on here.

The cover is untreated, and like the most waterproof cover I've ever used, you can stick it in the washer/dryer, anything, since there's no coating to wear off. it feels like an expensive golf jacket, it's custom made for our cars and fits like a glove.

Order from ( http://www.southerncarparts.com/cove...ers-p-579.html ) and use coupon code "carcover" without quotes for 25% off your order, it comes out to be $236 shipped, and worth every penny, it'll take a few weeks to arrive, there isnt many other better outside covers then this one.

thanks man

So you cover works good out side in the rain and snow?
Did you get storm proff 1 or 2?

Thanks fancy farm i know alot of people have had bad experence with car covers. i'm really honestly just want to take care of the car. i would rather not have a car port they look good if you have alot of land but where i live in town i personally think car ports look ghetto unless attach to your house or some how make it look good. i just spent $2000 on having my driveway re done to fit our vehcles we only had single car drive way. i could buy a garage but that would run about 8 to 10gs to build one.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:04 AM
Launching!

it's good for all the elements.

and storm proof 2, is a 2-toned cover, same cover just 2-tone, instead of a solid color.

This is your best option for a quality rain/snow cover...it ranks like a number 5 out of 5 for every element, rain/dust/snow, etc. Out of all cover king covers.

I've washed my cover like 10 times, and it still is as waterproof as it was new.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:32 AM
TECH Regular

I use the SLP car cover. They last about 5 yrs. I'm on my 3rd one. Keeps the sun and dirt out. I use it all year long, they are about $160.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had my car out in the elements for a year before I got a garage. I used the SLP Car Cover. It worked fantastic! And I had every type of weather you could have! Three feet of snow, rain, hail, wind storms, my car was always clean after I took the cover off. Of coarse a little dist would get under it after a week but I'd just use a car duster to dust it off.

My only regret is one time I had had the cover off for a few days and it had rained so the car was pretty filthy. We had to leave town for a few days on short notice and as we were leaving I was like, "Crap, I need to put my car cover on!" So I ran in the house, got the cover and threw it on the car. Well, for the three days we were gone it was windy as hell and the dirt on the car got rubbed into the paint by the car cover beating on it in the wind. When I got back and took the cover off my car was scuffed up bad. It took me a week to buff out all the scuffs. I would recommend the cover to anyone, just make sure the car is fairly clean when you put the cover on.

Summer...

Winter...
Old 07-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Launching!

SLP Cover isn't bad, but It's an indoor cover, it's not designed for outside elements, and can scratch your paint as well if you don't keep it super clean before you put it on, it doesn't cover the wheels that great for outside use either, spend like $50 more and get a cover designed for extreme weather, I dont even have a car port and when I take the cover off after it dries after a storm, car is perfectly spotless, and like i said before, its uncoated, so you can wash it as much as you want and it will still repel water and the elements!

Here's some pics: ( Coverking Stormproof ) about 5 months old now.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

I have a convertible so protecting the top was important to me, and why it still looks new at 10 years old... I have a California Car Cover. They have several styles depending on where the car will be parked. I have the best outdoor one and it's been worth every penny. The inside is very soft and I've never had a problem with it scratching.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I too have the stormproof from coverking. I keep the car clean and throw that thing on there and it works perfect. I usually wash the car on fridays use the car cover and clean it after each drive before putting the cover back on with detail spray and a microfiber. If the car is clean the cover will not hurt the paint. I would also recommend buying a lock kit from autozone or something to prevent your $230 from being stolen. As was stated order from southern car parts and use the code :carcover: I just recently had the car painted, then wetsanded and buffed by gofast908z and the finish has held up very well using this cover, I highly recommend it.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Another vote for the Coverking Stormproof. I had mine on my car when it was under a carport during Katrina. I was in Penn. at the time of the storm and had no idea what condition my car would be in when I got back. I figured the cover would be destroyed. It wasn't...it was still on the car and the car was completely untouched by any debris or rain that might have come in on the two open sides of the carport.

Quick Reply: Car covers?