Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
View Poll Results: which paint scheme would you choose?
blue true flames over my green paint
9.09%
green true flames over my green paint
36.36%
don't jack with it... cause its too loud already!
54.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

help me pick the flames for my bird....poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking help me pick the flames for my bird....poll

....the story

im doing this poll on fbn too. i just bought wrecked but good running 99 mustang. now before all you haters jump in, i want you to know that it is for a good cause. im trading it to a local body shop for mods / repairs on my eclipse and jdm surpa. more importantly i will be getting a custom flame job for my bird!

now for those of you who dont know ive been wanting to do this for some time. if you look at my gallery you will see that my ws6 is aready painted a somewhat "loud" color as it is. its a dodge viper snake skin green. in person it is a really nice color...hard to do it justice in pics, but trust me its nice and that is coming from someone who does not like the color green.

anyways ive got a couple ideas i need you to help me with. for one, im going for the "true flame" look. i think i would go better with my bird then the traditional "hot rod" or "tribal" flames. secondly i want to add a flaming bird to the hood....problem is the ram air hood scoop. the bird would be subtle and almost ghost like but a true t/a fanboy would see it lol.

so far the plan it to do the hood & front bumper with flames added to look like they are coming out of the the side vents (about 2ft long) and maybe a flaming skull or something on the fuel door. i couldnt find a pic of the color combo i wanted but here is what im kinda looking to do.

so the choices i have are....

1. blue flames on green.....think i would be really cool & wild. downside - it may be too loud and look like a decal from a distance unless its done right.

2. green on green.....this would look really cool too and cleaner, its what im leaning towards. bad - a part of me says, too much green! go crazy with the blue!

3. leave it the way i have it......no flames, no bird, no skulls and probably no fun either!

ok folks here's your chance to help me pick a paint scheme for my bird! please choose only one of the three choices and tell me what you think. thx guys

Old 04-10-2011, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think silver or black flames would look sick on it since its green or a combination of the 2
Old 04-10-2011, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think green on green would look good, it will be no more green than you already have now, just some more definition & shape to it. I don't think blue would look good with the green, they are two competing colors & will clash.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by McNord
I think green on green would look good, it will be no more green than you already have now, just some more definition & shape to it. I don't think blue would look good with the green, they are two competing colors & will clash.
x2

blue on green would be horible. I love the green flame on green idea.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Launching!

I have yet to see a car with flames on it that didn't look ridiculous. I'm guessing this won't be an exception to that, I like it the way it is.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Launching!

I vote green flame on the nostrils of the ram air hood, only thing I would do. or do the same thing but in different shades of black. Usually flames all over the front doesnt look nice. If you post a decent picture maybe someone can photoshop something.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:13 PM
TECH Regular

Candy green on green
Old 04-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Launching!

thx guys....im gonna get some new pics soon. also the artist is supposed to get some 2'x2' sample to look at which will be used as art in his shop. ive seen his flame work and it does look great so im hopeful it would look great on my ws6...just the color combo.

my eclipse goes in tomorrow for surgery which should last about a week. then the bird is next. hopefully by then i can make up my mind on what i will do.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Launching!

IMO i'd leave it, never have been a fan of the flames. But it's your money/car so you should do whatever YOU think looks the best.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:31 AM
Captain Double Post

I think flames would be sick,but I would have to say blue would take to much away from the car,the issue I have with flames is that its a hit or miss,if done like the pics posted it would be sick,I think the bird would be a lil much,just my opinion,I might have some pics of flames that I though looked really good ill see if I can dig them up when I get home
Old 04-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Teching In

im def gonna say complete rice if there are any flames at all
Old 04-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
I think flames would be sick,but I would have to say blue would take to much away from the car,the issue I have with flames is that its a hit or miss,if done like the pics posted it would be sick,I think the bird would be a lil much,just my opinion,I might have some pics of flames that I though looked really good ill see if I can dig them up when I get home
yeah....thats why im leaning towards the green ghost flames....little more subtle and prob cleaner looking. would be cool if you could get pics.

Originally Posted by tayzoid1
im def gonna say complete rice if there are any flames at all
when i think flames....rice is the next thing that comes to mind?!? really?

im open to any suggestions guys....got a pic or idea? thx
Old 04-11-2011, 02:11 PM
TECH Regular

I was going to only pick out of the three and say green on green but since you said that im going to say a metallic silver on green IMO. Would looks good. Green on green would look good too. Blue on green is
Old 04-11-2011, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

Green on green!
Old 04-12-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by McNord
agreed.
a toxic green would look nice...as long as the flames dont look too rounded like cheese or plastic can rings.
Good luck...
and i wouldnt do the single skull on the fuel door. That wouldnt look right imo
Old 04-12-2011, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would just to some clearcoat with little ice pearl. A ghost flame maybe with a little silver to give it depth. that ****** is pretty damn green..
Old 04-13-2011, 12:05 AM
Launching!

after reading this thread again i realized i forgot to mention the whole reason i came up with the flame idea anyway. just a couple small but important details i left out :doh:

the color swap on this car is great....it was done right and all door jams, trunk, t-tops & engine bay are painted green. even when me and my bro were putting in the new clutch we noticed it was even painted underneath. the only blemishes on the paint job is a drip on the gas door - hence the flaming skull idea + i got a green skull shift ****.

the big thing is the hood has hundreds tiny spots on it. the prev. owner was driving it home before the paint cured and some chemical or gas from a car in front of it made what looks like rain drop streaks. they are too small to see in pics but in person it is noticeable. i figured the flame job would be a good way to hide it cause i know it could be very hard to color match the paint and blend it into the rest of the car.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it is just in the clear, take some 2k wet dry and a block and take out the spots... ive done that several times, some compound followed by machine polish will take the marks out..
Old 04-13-2011, 12:22 AM
Launching!

^ its thru the clear + discolored under it & the 2 drips are darker green....like it didnt get mixed totally.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I voted green on green. It'll be unique, yet not too obnoxious. Even if it IS obnoxious, it'll look amazing and be eye-catching. Bring it to shows and you're guaranteed to bring home trophies, if you haven't already. Why is it that hot rods can do whatever they want in any color, but we aren't?

Quick Reply: help me pick the flames for my bird....poll