Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Corbeau FX1 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corbeau FX1 Pro

Anybody have these seats in your f-body? A friend of mine is selling me his practically new seat dirt cheap, but don't know if it'll fit with a 6pt cage. I tried a search but didn't find much info. I did read that the corbeau brackets suck, any other brackets recommended for these?
Old 08-22-2012, 04:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

It's either Corbeau brackets or modified stock brackets. A friend and I both have CR1's in our cageless 4th gens. Sorry I can't offer more advice. The CR1 brackets seem poorly designed and are a PITA to install.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

No prob, I appreciate the info man, I guess I'll have to actually borrow the seat and see how it fits and go from there...thanks though!
Old 08-23-2012, 04:53 PM
12 Second Club

No worries! I think sometime within the next week or two I'll take some pictures showing WHY the Corbeau brackets are poorly designed and a PITA to install, and post them in this thread.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZexGX
It's either Corbeau brackets or modified stock brackets. A friend and I both have CR1's in our cageless 4th gens. Sorry I can't offer more advice. The CR1 brackets seem poorly designed and are a PITA to install.
Huh?? CR1 bracket?? Thought all Corbeaus has the same bracket.

I have CR1s in my car, and from what I know is just the regular corbeau bracket. For me, a ratcheting wrench was made install the seats a cake walk. Without a ratcheting wrench...then yes it would have been a PITA.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZexGX
No worries! I think sometime within the next week or two I'll take some pictures showing WHY the Corbeau brackets are poorly designed and a PITA to install, and post them in this thread.
Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for pics!

Black, any pics of your seats with the brackets?
Old 08-24-2012, 02:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black_Z28
Huh?? CR1 bracket?? Thought all Corbeaus has the same bracket.

I have CR1s in my car, and from what I know is just the regular corbeau bracket. For me, a ratcheting wrench was made install the seats a cake walk. Without a ratcheting wrench...then yes it would have been a PITA.
I never said Corbeau has separate brackets for each seat style. They do have separate brackets for car style. When I said CR1 brackets, it was to differentiate it from "stock brackets" in my previous sentence. Your hands must be incredibly small if you think the Corbeau brackets are fine. I used a gear wrench as well and the rear two bolts are RETARDED. You have to jam your fingers underneath the seat and turn the wrench using the tips of your fingers, hoping the head on the nut doesn't slip off. Corbeau could have easily fixed this issue by putting the reinforcing bar on the other side of the nut, but they didn't (probably for structural reasons due to the simplistic design)!
Old 08-24-2012, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

with my wolfe bolt in cage, my race seat would not fit due to the wider leg bolstering. I temporarily removed the drivers side bar until I had a custom one made.

mine is a Cobra Suzuka Pro, but they are a similar size. Im going to guess that they wont fit the door bars
Old 08-25-2012, 12:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My corbeau brackets fit perfect. I do not remember having any major issues.

But you are correct they designed the front left bolt on the passengers side to sit under the slider. I just spun it for about ten minutes by hand. It was a pain but overall they fit and work great

Quick Reply: Corbeau FX1 Pro