Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Instructions to remove dashboard....1998 Trans Am.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Instructions to remove dashboard....1998 Trans Am.....

I checked YouTube and did a search.......

Anyone have a video or instructions how to do it. I'm talking about the soft padded half of the dash board that wraps around everything. Not the hard plastic deck lid that goes up to the windshield.

Thanks.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know all the steps but I do know that removing the hard plastic upper dash is the first step, there are several bolts hidden underneath it. Also, I seam to recall somewhere someone talks about removing the center console aswell but not sure on that. you'll also want to remove the bezel around the gauge cluster and the cluster itself before removing the main piece, same with the radio and HVAC controls.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
I don't know all the steps but I do know that removing the hard plastic upper dash is the first step, there are several bolts hidden underneath it. Also, I seam to recall somewhere someone talks about removing the center console aswell but not sure on that. you'll also want to remove the bezel around the gauge cluster and the cluster itself before removing the main piece, same with the radio and HVAC controls.
Will I have any issues with the passengers side above the glove box.......the airbag is under that area right...?

Old 09-15-2013, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take out the glovebox and there are bolts holding the airbag, from what I can remember reading the airbag comes out as part of the dash but not sure on that.

check out this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...-pictures.html
Old 09-16-2013, 08:57 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's very simple. From what I remember I took the console out, cluster, radio, HVAC, a pillars, lowered column. Took about 4 hours. Pass airbag is under the dash. Why are you removing it?
Old 09-17-2013, 03:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by trans damm
It's very simple. From what I remember I took the console out, cluster, radio, HVAC, a pillars, lowered column. Took about 4 hours. Pass airbag is under the dash. Why are you removing it?
Its my original from 1998 and its got a couple cracks on the top part and around the edges of the airbag area it's starting to shrink and curl upward.

It just old.....

Old 09-17-2013, 03:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
take out the glovebox and there are bolts holding the airbag, from what I can remember reading the airbag comes out as part of the dash but not sure on that.

check out this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...-pictures.html
Holy **** man........that looks like hell......LOL

I think I'd rather pay someone to do it who has done it before.......that would take me 4 days to complete............and I would definitely have a bunch of parts left over when I got done.....lol

Old 09-17-2013, 03:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by trans damm

We're do you live, I'll pay you $200.00 and all the beer you can drink........lol

Quick Reply: Instructions to remove dashboard....1998 Trans Am.....