Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Well it finally happened! Wreck

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 11:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Well it finally happened! Wreck (Update must see)

This is very painful for me to write. Last Sunday on my way home from work I took out a speed limit sign. Let me give you the full story. It was raining of course and I was about 10 minutes from my house. I stopped at a 4-way and some ricer punk in his primer grey with green spots mitsubishi came flying through the intersection. I ignored this little incident and just casually started driving. As i was driving there was a very slow moving truck going 35mph and the mitsubishi was behind it. Well unfortunatly I was behind them both, The ricer started weaving in and out of the lane trying to pass the truck. Finally he weaved way into his lane so he couldn't see around the truck and went to pass. Right as he did that a car was right there. He slammed on his brakes and jerked it hard into his lane. Well I had to slam on my breaks to and as I did that there was a free standing puddle of water that caused me to hydroplain off the road and I side swipped a speed limit sign and came back onto the road. I drove another 3 blocks to a school so I could inspect the damage and call the fuzz. Of course the 4 people behind me the truck and the mitsubishi all didn't stop and kept on going. I had no witnesses or anything and the damage was pretty bad. I called the fuzz and after about an hour they made it out there. He wrote a quick police report and said I wasn't drunk and left. I filed it with my insurance and they are not going to total the car. I have it in a shop right now and it passed all frame inspections and there where no cracks anywhere so its mostly cosmetic damage. Remember guys these cars suck in the rain and ABS doesn't do **** in the rain. She will be back to ride again in a few weeks.

Pics of the mess.

Last edited by *98Formula*; 10-21-2005 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

Are there a bunch of focking ******** where you live?! WHO wouldn't stop if they saw that happen to someone? People **** me off.

Sorry to hear about your car. It will be right again in no time. And we can only hope that Karma will catch back up to that little SOB in the Mitusbishi.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Seriously you see someone in an accident like that you stop see if they are OK....I know I would and I would just like to add.......That ricer you should hunt down and beat his ****
Old 08-14-2005, 12:38 PM
TECH Junkie

sorry man

damn thats goina be one hell of a bill

thank god for insurance!
Old 08-14-2005, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by *98Formula*
I side swipped a speed limit sign and came back onto the road. I drove another 3 blocks to a school so I could inspect the damage and call the fuzz.
Not defending anyone, but I cant say that I would stop either if you continued driving after the accident, and didnt stop for 3 blocks. Hope everything works out for ya.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

Hey man sorry to hear about that I had a similar run in with a post too about a year and a half ago only mine needed a new axel and rim seeing as how not only did i side swipe it but the car rattled after i tried to move it and the rim got bent like nothing and ripped my tire a part simmilar thing is a ricer was present at the time of this and he was looking to start **** and second thing it had just rained here too and mine was on the highway but other then that 2 months in the shop a free new paint job and she was back to tear it up again only thing is i dont think they got an axel with the correct gear setting.bastards
Old 08-14-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Regular

Thx for the replies. The total bill right now is up to $6,300 bucks and they are not giving me a new paint job. Damn shop says that black is so easy to blend together that they will just blend the new door new rocker panel and rear bumper, hatch, and rear quater panel in with the rest of the car. Im like wtf that is more than half the car and plus there freaking wrecker tore my front bumper all to hell when he picked it up its cracked all over the bottom of it and they said some fiberglass repair and touch up paint will fix that. All they have to do is repaint half the car and its a new paint job anyways. Blending is for *****'s with honda's not my baby but you takes what you can get when you gets it.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:32 PM

people these days.. at least youre ok though.. the car can be fixed..
Old 08-14-2005, 11:41 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default The Formula Will Rise Again!!!

The pain you feel will turn into happiness once you see her out of the shop. Thank the car gods that we still have one more Formula on the road .

The Phoenix will rise from the ashes .
Old 08-14-2005, 11:59 PM
TECH Regular

I hope you have a nice road getting that thing fixed. my car was hit too just not as bad.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Had the same problem back in may, took out a stop sign, and wrapped the drivers side fender around a light pole. $3800 in damage.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well at least now is the perfect time to fix you previous problems, such as that TA wing on you formula.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Im sorry to hear that, I hope everything gets sorted out in a timley maner.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Good luck with everything. I lost control on water as well, costing me $4500 to fix the damages the day after christmas and I didnt have collision. So my 17 year old *** is in some real debt.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:13 AM
11 Second Club

man Sorry to hear all that, Are you going to keep the tran's Am spoiler? I just dmg my 98 formula the other day by hitting the world's biggest pot hole. Thankfully She came out all right though just a few small cracks on the bottem of the nose.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

damn man, ouch.
at least you are ok, lok on the bright side, it coulda been worse. thank god ure ok, car can b repaired.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:07 PM
FormerVendor

hey if you need a door or some other parts to fix it, i can sell you them cheaper than you can find them and you will be able to save som money and maybe get the entire car painted with what you save. PM me if you want and give me a list of what you need
Old 08-15-2005, 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

Yes im keeping the T-A spoiler. I hate the way the formula one sits one there and it also looked bad *** when I had the V6 firebird GFX on it. I took those gfx off though so now it looks like that. I can't wait to get her back I am starting to have withdrawl problems. Now if I can just come up with the money for the deductible i will be fine.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

At least the ws9 hood wasn't touched!

sorry it had to happen to ya bro
Old 08-15-2005, 03:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that really blows i wish it would have been that damn mitsucrappy instead of the formula sry to hear bout it

Quick Reply: Well it finally happened! Wreck