Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Slightly warped SS hood??????

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slightly warped SS hood??????

Hey Guys....I recently bought an SS glass hood and made a 2hr drive to get it....to save on S&H.... THe guy I met that had it was on here and said it fit good. When I got home to test fit it..... it is slightly warped on the front passenger corner and sticks up...Damn Im pissed about this whole.
WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS IS THERE ANYONE THAT MAKES A NICE FLUSH HOOD PIN (KEY STYLE) that look worth a ****. ANY help pointing me in the right direction would be great

Thanks
Old 06-19-2007, 07:16 AM
Staging Lane

Ttt................
Old 06-19-2007, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is this a OEM SS hood or an aftermarket hood? It's pretty normal for the aftermarket hoods to not fit perfectly, some tweaking on the car is required. Rule of thumb, the cheaper the hood, the more work to get it to fit. You say it sticks up on the passenger side corner, which corner, the one by the headlight or the one by the windshield? If it's by the windshield, try to adjust the rubber stopper under the hood downward, that will allow the hood to sit lower.

You can't expect any hood to just fit perfectly just by bolting it on, you always have to do some tweaking to the car to get the hood to fit.

Manny
Old 06-19-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Resident

The rubber thingies will prolly be your best bet if the hood is warped.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Staging Lane

Its an aftermarket hood........and yes its down be the headlight and yes I have adjusted all i can with the rubber stops.....the problem is its warped up......about an inch and doesnt even tought the rubber stops.....so the only choice I have that I can think of is to pin it down? you guys agree?
Old 06-19-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Take it back... or something... if you decide that you can fix it.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

i purchased a glass ss hood in the winter, keep in mind they will never fit absolutely perfect, youll have to fiddle with it to get all the gaps lined up perefect and close properly. My hood sticks up a bit on the passenger side, i tried moving the rubber stopper down under the hood but it did nothing...its just the mold of the hood and nothing can be done about it
Old 06-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Staging Lane

Well......the only option I know is to use hood pins to pullit down.......maybe some keyed flush one.....any one know where to get some nice ones?
Old 06-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

ttt......................
Old 06-21-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not warped. You can't just slap the **** on and expect it to fit. When I got my hood from VFN the corners were sticking up like a bitch. You have to drill out your hinges and really play with the bumper stops. It's a pain to do it, but I'm sure if you PM vfn here, they can give you some help.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

Well......If you drill out your hinges then your back is not going to sit flush.........This hood is about an inch and a half high right above the passenger headlight......it doesnt even come close to the bump stop....and i have adjusted the hinges in the back so that they are perfect..... Does that make sense...... If I latch the hood down it still sticks up on that passenger side
Old 04-28-2008, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Work with the hinges and stops.
If the only place where it does not fit good is in the nose (the hood latch should hold it down as good as pins) then it is hitting somewhere or it is warped.
Warped = screwed.
If it is hitting somewhere it will eventually spiderweb the paint. Try rubbing the edges on that side where it sticks up with a bar of soap. close the hood an see if you are getting transfer. You might be able to use a dremel and mod it so it fits tight. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Slightly warped SS hood??????