Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e To Fit In A Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l80e To Fit In A Corvette

Is there any other trans builders out there that can build a 4l80e to fit in a c5 and not have it cost as much as the motor. As of yet I only know of one builder who makes a kit for the 4l80e to fit in a c5, but it costs $13k (not including install labor). If there is to some way to get the price down I am sure the demand would go up and then so would sales. It just seams like there should be room for the price to drop since anyone can pick up a built 4l80e for about $4K.

Just wondering if there is anyone else out there that is on the same page as me.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The price stated is for a complete package of all components which was designed for high horspower applications. As you can see the transmission is only one part of our kit.

Call us for a quote if you have a special application.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/corvette-performance/528079-yank-4l80-e-c-5-conversion-update.html
Here is an update on the kit.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:10 PM
10 Second Club

http://www.finishlinetrans.com/trans...65E-Level5.htm
I love this tranny and it will hold 750 rwhp all day long but if your pushing more than that you will have to get the 4l80 or a th400 setup .

The Yank 4l80 setup looks bad *** for the C5's but the price of Anyone's 4l80 setup is what kept me from building a 1000 hp car .

Its easyer and cheaper to setup a th400 and a solid axle in a C5 but it ruins
the streetability of the C5 imo .
Old 08-07-2006, 09:19 AM
FormerVendor

The cost of a solid axle set will run much more in total $ spent
You will need
relocate the engine angle, engine torque / travel limiter, new exhaust system, transmission, converter SFI flexplate ,transshield,driveshaft ,driveshaft loop,rear axle assy, rear shocks, torque bars and or 4-link system and a roll cage to tie the car together, and will add extra lbs to the car in total and mostly to the nose area by an extra 220 lbs (if turbos or S/C have been added your front weight is already higher than stock)

also you can not return the car back to stock for resale as with the YANK kit
all parts can be removed and sold or transfered to a replacement ride
Old 08-07-2006, 10:07 AM
10 Second Club

Yea , what you said ,, hehe

That kit does look sexy , its just hard on the wallet .
Old 08-07-2006, 05:51 PM
11 Second Club

I just spoke with Dave from YANK. Sounds like one hell of a nice guy. The price was a little much. But the pros. far out weighs the cons. The 4l80 is a very stout tranny...
Old 04-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Teching In

Default 4l80e in my c5

well i dont know what your talking about but i had a 4l80e installed in my c5 for $12,500 for everything the best of everything computer and converter,e4340 billet input, intermediat and output shafts, billet clutch hub and promod forward direct drum and 36 element sprag all e4340 insanemotorsportz.com and ckperformance did the job the car came out awsome
Old 04-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Banned

"Chris
Check wit Zack at Gearstar as all the 4l80-e to c/5 conversion parts or c/6 parts are under a patent pending at this time and have been so for over a year and our patent is about due
You might look into this before you your spend money
as he is going to shut off all shops building this conversion.

Mike

Ive been supplying them with parts for a while and we have a good relationship.However no one will ever be issued a patent for this when we have already been selling them and it can easily be dismissed.I am the only person who invested the money in the output shaft ,however that doesnt entitle me to a patent.The only person who will make out will be the patent attorney.My machines can crank out just about anything I decide to make.Thanks for your concern.Shut off all shops is a bold claim.Id check into who your up against before you spend any more of your money making them.You continue to make yours and Ill continue to make mine.That is the beauty of a free marketplace. No hard feelings ,good luck on your future endeavors.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:19 PM
FormerVendor

""However no one will ever be issued a patent for this when we have already been selling them and it can easily be dismissed.I am the only person who invested the money in the output shaft ,however that doesnt entitle me to a patent.The only person who will make out will be the patent attorney.My machines can crank out just about anything I decide to make.Thanks for your concern.Shut off all shops is a bold claim.Id check into who your up against before you spend any more of your money making them.You continue to make yours and Ill continue to make mine.That is the beauty of a free marketplace. No hard feelings ,good luck on your future endeavors""

We have sold the rights to the conversion To Gearstar ,and he has the needed unique items requiered for this to be completed into Patented product. We have been first to market with this conversion as well as our TH400 c/5 kit.
I sent you a PM as a way to contact him, as he might need a builder of parts
and asked you to check with him first.

I sent him your response.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Banned

The rights to the conversion are that whoever wants to do it can go about it in their own way of doing it.We have made the output shaft already,the forst ones last summer.Its funny how this business has become.I have total control of the billet 2004r,700r4,4l60e,and 4l80e billet parts markets from hard work and dedication.I also have the latest machines,programming skills,and resources to back any and all of my future projects as well as the DRIVE to be successful .next thing you know some one will be trying to patent our reverse pattern full manual 4l80e valve body.And if someone copies it I can do nothing.Anyhow from a business standpoint Ill give you some advice,a patent can be issued but its validity will be challenged and the patent will be rejected once the matter is examined.In the end the patent attorney who submits it will be the only one to make a profit.When and if it generates a "cease" categorization my attorneys will answer it and we will go from there.Until then good luck with your projects.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

For that price, why not look into a TH400 and install Gear Vendor for the OD
Old 04-21-2008, 09:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

This is not a legal forum. Please take those conversations to PM or pick up the phone and talk.

Quick Reply: 4l80e To Fit In A Corvette