Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If I go with a Fuddle stall should I get the Performance or the HP/Street Series??

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default If I go with a Fuddle stall should I get the Performance or the HP/Street Series??

I have a 98 Z28 and wondering which series will work with lid, full exhaust, and G5x3 cam?? What are you guys running that own a fuddle?? How big of a difference is there between the two performance wise?? Thanks..
Old 08-08-2006, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Performance series
Old 08-08-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont get the cheaper version. step up to the better clutch.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would definatly go with the HPsteet series. Its good to kno you have a lock up clutch than can handle WOT Lockup.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

kinda what I was thinkin..
Old 08-09-2006, 10:51 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got the HP-street series and the clutch is
definitely solid. I haven't tried to lock it at
WOT (some people find their car's OS, won't).
But having one that -could-, translates to
durability in abuse and the clutch is just plain
larger as well (meaning that under any slip
you are concentrating the heat and wear
less, per area, which is good for frictions).

The increment in cost is well less than the
install expense / effort so I say go for the
beef. Some people expect to be going through
converters semi-annually but I was looking to
do it once (OK, so it's twice now, but not
again) with something that'll at least outlast
the transmission. Though it's all a crap shoot,
at least you might bet on 7.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:33 PM
12 Second Club

Don't go with the "Performance" series as my welds look like ****.......the HP/Street series seems be built better.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

Do a simple search for Fuddle, you'll find post after post about their terrible business tactics, you'll see that they never return phone calls, pm's, or e-mails.......... and that people are left out in the dark on a regular basis not knowing what is going on with their orders............ now welding problems are being noticed when people finally do get their converters.

Go with a company that has actually earned the respect of its customers and treats them like they should............. don't get suckered into a nightmare by a one man company.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I went with the HP street series but I am running a turbo 400 which does not need the lock up clutch. So maybe you may want to see how many more people respond with 4 speed transmissions. The 3,635 lb car went from running 1.95 sixty foots to 1.63 sixty foots and is now popping both front wheels off the ground. This is a 3800 stall with a 2.2 STR.

You need to make sure the rest of you stuff can handle the abuse. My Fuddle was shipped on time and appears to be a good product. All I know is the car is now spinning the tires on the wheels and I will have to screw the tires to the wheels. One other thing worth noting the car was running 8.30's before the transmission and conv. change and is now running 7.70's in the 1/8 mile and has increased 2.3 MPH.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:30 PM
12 Second Club

i got the cheapo fuddle and it looks fine, still trying to get the old one out though, its holding up my progress.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Launching!

I have the performance converter 3000 2.0str and I have been throwing 550+rwhp at it for over a year everyday and not a problem with it yet. I would highly recommend this converter. the only reason you really need to lock a converter at wot is if you are running a really loose converter is what fuddle told me. If you are running a tighter converter like I am then there would not be any real benifit maybe 1 or 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by qwiktim
Do a simple search for Fuddle, you'll find post after post about their terrible business tactics, you'll see that they never return phone calls, pm's, or e-mails.......... and that people are left out in the dark on a regular basis not knowing what is going on with their orders............ now welding problems are being noticed when people finally do get their converters.

Go with a company that has actually earned the respect of its customers and treats them like they should............. don't get suckered into a nightmare by a one man company.

...and that same search will show people boasting about him, saying he's great to deal with and that he puts out a good product...
Old 08-11-2006, 10:54 PM
12 Second Club

Check out the sponsor feedback forum.........5 posts on the first page.........all negative............all regarding fuddles lack of customer service.......... Maybe he was once good, maybe his products do perform well, but he's not living up to his past reputation as of lately. None of us can get ahold of him at all.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Veteran

He is probably out of state again doing 'reseach.' He never posts what he find out though.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Yeah......... I think the term they like to use is "..... out of state testing converters ...."

More like testing ways to "convert" your money into theirs........

Oh, and I have been banned from the "Vendors Feedback" forum because when people ask about Fuddle I tell them my horror story with them and about all the BS and lies they told me after they got my money........ I guess it should be called the "Vendors Feedback as long as it's good Forum".....

Old 08-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Teching In

All I would say is make sure that you talk to him before you order from them. If he is out of state put that on his voice message.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

yeah, been doing more research and came to the conclusion that the yank ss3600 is just what I'm looking for. Thanks to everyone who chimed in.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by qwiktim
Oh, and I have been banned from the "Vendors Feedback" forum because when people ask about Fuddle I tell them my horror story with them and about all the BS and lies they told me after they got my money........ I guess it should be called the "Vendors Feedback as long as it's good Forum".....

No one can post in the Vendor feed back section anymore. You can start a thread, and reply to your own thread. But no one can just throw in there 2 cents anymore. I don't really care for it, but I don't make the rules.

Here's the sticky. https://ls1tech.com/forums/removed-locked-thread-graveyard/542973-why-you-can-t-reply-sponsor-feedback-forum.html

So if you want to let everyone know your issues, you have to pm people that you feel need to know.

To the original poster, I would say go with the Hp convertor as well. Fuddle is not the only Vendor to have issues. A while ago a couple other top name/brand convertor companies had issues as well. Whether or not Fuddle does anything to fix what has been going on is up to them.

I have a Fuddle and wouldn't buy another for the simple fact I don't want to get caught in the same BS as everyone else. I'm sure John knows there is major customer service issues. Hopefully they will get fixed, I feel they have great convertors, but thats about as far as I would go.

Last edited by WhiteRhino; 08-14-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Banned

I was going to go Fuddle awhile back, because my Z is just a DD and a decent coverter would last me years...

But if things keep spinnin' down for Fuddle, I might just spend the $600-$800 and get a Vigilante or Yank
Old 08-14-2006, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

I didn't know we couldn't post in the feedback forum anymore....... that explains it.

Also, I have heard from two different members of one of the Corvette forums that Fuddle is going out of business........ that would explain the "I don't give a crap attitude" he has, and the fact that nobody can ever get in contact with him.