Sponsored by:

A huge thank you to Ace Racing Trans - Gilbert and John

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A huge thank you to Ace Racing Trans - Gilbert and John

Guys,

thank you so very much for your help today. It was as if the two of you were underneath the truck with me.

The truck is running fine. Only one mishap on startup, an oil cooler line came of and dumped alot before I could catch it. Then when I put more back in smoke started coming out the fillup tube. I let her sit for awhile then put about 2 miles on her and she seems to be fine except for an exhaust leak but I already expected that.

Again, thank you so much to Gilbert and John. I owe you some German Active Yeast sample, aka

Now to get the new trans fixed.

Mike
Old 06-26-2007, 10:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey that's cool Mike! It's really good to hear back from you! Glad we could make a difference, I asked John if he was able to help you a few hours after your call... he said, "Well I really couldn't tell, I think so. What I do know is at one point while we were talking it sounded like a light bulb clicked on!"

Good for you.... but uhhhh.... I ain't so sure about bugs (Active Yeast ) in my beer there buddy. Is it anything like yogurt?

g
Old 06-26-2007, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

it's just a legal way of shipping beer through the mail.

And yes, a light bulb did go off and it was bright.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:29 PM
FormerVendor

Can't say as I've ever shipped beer... maybe from the store to my fridge! Sounds like yer a pro on the shipping! I'm all for legally shipping stuff.... especially adult beverages.

As long as the bottles don't break, I'll try anything once!

Holler if you need anything Mike.... Good Luck.

g
Old 06-28-2007, 05:17 PM
12 Second Club

gilbert also helped me over the phone. great guy. if i ever need a new trans i know where to go!
Old 06-28-2007, 09:15 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gilbert and John are great guy's in my book. It's nice when not only do they do good work, help people out in their free time, but are real racers that know their cars. That is very important in this market. Obviously I am a builder but from what I have seen them post they are the real deal and I do have a lot of respect for them. Keep up the good work boy's. Vince
Old 06-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

I've also heard good things already about the company... Keep it up and you'll do well in the future..... these F-body's will be around for a while
Old 06-29-2007, 09:11 AM
FormerVendor

Wow, thanks for the kind words guys, it is nice to get recognition in this community. We have a long ways to go and we know it. We are working on some of our processes and our website.

John and I enjoy participating here. It is always good to be able to help folks. We do not always have the right answer, don't always get right back to inquiries, but it is not from a lack of trying! Bear with us, we'll get there!

Remember this, if you do not see what you are looking for on our website simply pick up the phone and call us. We are not a one dimensional company! We build countless transmissions to many different levels all the time and have for years!

Thanks again.

g
Old 06-29-2007, 09:20 AM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Man you guys are BADASS. Making a name for yourself here. Way to go. I will be in touch & see what we can make one of these 4L60E Hold. Going to to see what the trans I have now can take. But I have a core I am buying this weekend & will be calling you to have this trans rebuilt to 600+ RWHP
Old 06-29-2007, 08:02 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks Seb,

Let me know when.... I'll be all over it!

g