Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans or converter problem!!..help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans or converter problem!!..help!!!

About 2 weeks ago i got a check engine light,car drove fine and being the procrastination king i am i havent checked the code,well about a week ago i was driving home from woork and i was at a stop light,light goes green and i start to go but the car seems to move very slow off the line until i get up in the rpms.I thought ****..my tranny is starting to go,so i get home let the car sit and go back out to get gas(car was low on fuel)it drove fine then.

So today im leaving work and i get a race with a modded ls2 goat(put a big hurting on him )and right after i get to a light,and when it goes green the car moves very slow off the line again until i get up in the rpms..****..here we go again...anybody have any advice on what it could be...the car moves very slowly off the line when i get on the gas until i get up into the rpms its almost like my stall is super super loose...wtf...can anyone help

this really sucks because i was gonna have my heads put on soon...but i think i might have to splurge that money on somthing else..Tranny/new verter
Old 07-16-2007, 07:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Sounds like limp mode which may just be and electrical issue , I would get it scanned and find out what that code is before I do anything may be something simple .

Call 888-744-6542

Old 07-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by performabuilt
Sounds like limp mode which may just be and electrical issue , I would get it scanned and find out what that code is before I do anything may be something simple .

Thanks for the quick response,i will get the code checked asap...you guys are the ****..i was thinking in the back of my head that it could be limp mode but didnt know what would trigger it..thanks again
Old 07-16-2007, 09:52 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Your welcome when you get the code let me know and ill try and be of more help .

Call 888-744-6542

Old 07-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Your welcome when you get the code let me know and ill try and be of more help .

Its code p0757...Is that one of those BS ecm codes it throws for a high stall...Why would this code trigger my car to go into limp mode...thanks in advance..
Old 07-17-2007, 03:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thats is a code set by high stall converters sometimes and it will trigger limp mode, You will need to see a tuner and have the test for that code removed from the software on your PCM , This code sometimes comes up imediatly after a stall sometimes never and sometimes after a while. But it does sound like the issue you have.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 07-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Thats is a code set by high stall converters sometimes and it will trigger limp mode, You will need to see a tuner and have the test for that code removed from the software on your PCM , This code sometimes comes up imediatly after a stall sometimes never and sometimes after a while. But it does sound like the issue you have.

Thanks again...i will be upgrading the trans soon and you guys will definitly be getting my business ...
Old 07-17-2007, 03:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

your welcome

Call 888-744-6542