Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Paul Walker

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 10:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Paul Walker

Star Paul Walker Killed In Car Accident

Paul Walker, the edgy action hero with all-American good looks who became an international star with "The Fast & the Furious" movie franchise, has died in a fiery car collision in Southern California. He was 40 years old.

The sad news was confirmed Saturday night by Walker's camp via the actor's official Twitter account.

According to the statement put out by Walker's team and also posted on Facebook, the actor was "attending a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide. He was a passenger in a friend's car.

"We appreciate your patience as we too are stunned and saddened beyond belief by this news," the statement continued. "Thank you for keeping his family and friends in your prayers during this very difficult time. We will do our best to keep you apprised on where to send condolences."

The identity of the second victim, a male, has not been released by authorities; but numerous reports have identified the driver as Roger Rodas, the owner of Walker's auto-racing team, Always Evolving.

“Him and his buddy, his brother in arms at heart, just decided to joyride, take a spin," Antonio Holmes, an onlooker at the event who identified himself as a friend of Walker's, told the local Santa Clarita Valley Signal newspaper. "Something we all do. We're all car enthusiasts. ... We’re all here driving, enjoying each other, and God must’ve needed help."

According to witnesses, the red Porsche carrying Walker and his friend lost control and slammed into a tree and then a light pole. Walker, an unapologetic car lover, had been participating in the "Winter Drive" for Reach Out Worldwide, a toy drive and car meet charity event for disadvantaged children. Walker was also involved in humanitarian efforts in Chile and Haiti after the devastating earthquakes in both countries.

Earlier, the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department and county coroner confirmed that two people were pronounced dead at the scene of a crash in Santa Clarita, north of Los Angeles, around 3:30 p.m. PT.

"When they arrived, deputies found the vehicle engulfed in flames. The Los Angeles County Fire Department responded, extinguished the fire and subsequently located two victims inside the vehicle," Sheriff's Deputy Kim Manatt said in a statement. "The victims were pronounced dead at the scene. The cause of the collision is under investigation."

The tall, blond-haired, blue-eyed heartthrob was a California native, hailing from the L.A. suburb of Glendale. He began appearing in TV commercials when he was just a toddler. He guest starred on shows like "Highway to Heaven" and "Charles in Charge" as a teen, and scored his first leading role in 1998's "Meet the Deedles." This lead to higher profile roles in features like "Pleasantville," "Varsity Blues," and "She's All That" in the late '90s before cementing his status as a leading man in 2001's "The Fast and the Furious."

Walker starred in all but the third installment of the "Fast & Furious" movies, including the seventh chapter which is still in production and scheduled for release next summer. He also received critical acclaim for his performances in 2006's "Running Scared" and in Clint Eastwood's WWII drama, "Flags of Our Fathers." His next film, "Hours," about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, is scheduled to open on December 13.

In a brief statement, Universal, the studio behind the "Fast" franchise, mourned one of its top stars: "All of us at Universal are heartbroken. Paul was truly one of the most beloved and respected members of our studio family for 14 years, and this loss is devastating to us, to everyone involved with the 'Fast and Furious' films, and to countless fans. We send our deepest and most sincere condolences to Paul's family."

Walker is survived by his 15-year-old daughter, Meadow.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...025930737.html
Old 11-30-2013, 10:45 PM
TECH Veteran

A Jalopnik commenter that was at the charity show today shared this photo he took of Walker before he left in that Porsche.

calibre68 - This is how I will be remembering Paul from today's meet at Always Evolving. He was just one of the guys checking out the cars. RIP.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:32 AM
TECH Regular

I keep hoping this is a hoax
Old 12-01-2013, 03:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Unhappy

terrible way to go.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

Sadly no hoax, unless the entire media, Ludacris, Vin Diesel, etc are all involved.

RIP Walker
Old 12-02-2013, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I just hope they died on impact and didn't burn to death. Either way, very tragic. Like they guy's acting or not, he was a fellow automotive enthusiast and seemed to represent us all very well.

My condolences and prayers to the families.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:46 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TriShield
A Jalopnik commenter that was at the charity show today shared this photo he took of Walker before he left in that Porsche.

calibre68 - This is how I will be remembering Paul from today's meet at Always Evolving. He was just one of the guys checking out the cars. RIP.
After looking at the photo, I couldn't help but think, "that Porsche?"

Too bad; any time we feel as if we knew someone who died so young and unnecessarily. Oh well though... He was having fun right up till the end.

Not too long ago, another well known actor also died in a Porsche crash, but his was not on a track. James Dean died in a Porsche crash, come to think of it, and again, not on a track.

RIP Walker and the unnamed friend.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

heres some latest info.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/02/showbi...-walker-death/
Old 12-02-2013, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

R.I.P Paul Walker...R.I.P Roger Rodas.
Both played an instrumental part in every automotive enthusiast.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Thizizkai
R.I.P Paul Walker...R.I.P Roger Rodas.
Agree there...
Both played an instrumental part in every automotive enthusiast.
Not so much here. I never heard of the 2nd guy and was nearly retired from racing when the original F & F movie came out. These guys had zero bearing on my being an auto enthusiast, but at least Paul did much for the "ricer" movement.

On another note: I was mistakenly under the impression this crash happened at an event for some charity, not on the street. I hope people take heed here and remember what can happen when they go goofing off in public. 3rd Porsche crash I know of which resulted in the death of a Hollywood star, all with fiery endings. Sad.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:53 PM
TECH Regular

i thought he was a terrible actor but he seems to be a great person, i dont know much about roger.

terrible thing was rogers 8 year old son was one of the first to the scene (shop was like 500 ft away) and so was pauls long time friend. watching pauls father being interviewed just makes your heart sink.

i never knew the whole story behind paul walker but i think he would have been a great guy. i just find it weird that everyone is cool with him dating a 16 year old girl when he was 33 (7 years ago, and still together)

just funny because 99.99% of people dont ever mention roger.

side note Edward "babe" Heffron also died on sunday. much respect
Old 12-04-2013, 05:25 AM
TECH Addict

Most people won't have a clue who Edward was... Maybe they'll look him up and consider life can be truly difficult for some so that others have it easy. At least he lived a long life. RIP Mr. Heffron.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:26 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Most people won't have a clue who Edward was... Maybe they'll look him up and consider life can be truly difficult for some so that others have it easy. At least he lived a long life. RIP Mr. Heffron.
Damn, right!

So many good people are lost. But doesn't mean that's should take away from respecting/mourning someone.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Paul Walker burned beyond recognition in 100 mph crash, autopsy finds

By Richard Winton and Joseph Serna
January 3, 2014, 10:39 a.m.

"Fast and Furious" star Paul Walker suffered multiple fractures and other traumatic injuries in a high-speed Porsche crash and was so badly burned that he couldn't be visually identified, according to autopsy reports released Friday.

Walker's injuries were also so significant that he was not a candidate for tissue donation.

The coroner's report states that Walker and his friend Roger Rodas were traveling more than 100 mph when Rodas lost control of the 2005 Porsche Carrera GT they were riding in on Nov. 30 at 3:30 p.m.

The car crashed into a pole and several trees on Hercules Street in Santa Clarita. The force was so strong that after the driver's side of the vehicle hit a light pole and tree, the car continued spinning until Walker's passenger side slammed into another tree and burst into flames, according to the report.

Both Rodas' and Walker's bodies were found braced for impact in a "pugilistic" stance.

Rodas also suffered multiple injuries to his head. His skull was fractured and his brain was exposed, the autopsy report said.

The limited-production, 2005 Porsche Carrera GT has a history of being difficult to control.

The sports car is capable of reaching 100 mph in under seven seconds. It was built without the stability management system that most Porsche models are equipped with.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...#ixzz2pONipMK7

Quick Reply: Paul Walker