Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Gforce FTW

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gforce FTW

Let me start by saying Hello, My name is Anthony and I am an addict!
So I went to my home track tonight Cecil County MD, It used to be considered the traction capital of the US. Although it was relatively cold I figured it would keep the track form being so crowded. This story starts by saying two days ago I replaced my factory stub axles with Gforce 1320 anti wheel hop driver and passenger side. My first pass out I glazed the tires and launched a little rough and went 13.90 @ 109mph with a 2.4 60’. The next pass out I hot lapped it because I was happy and figured with the new axles I could drop my sixty. My second pass I hoped to beat my best time of 13.50 @ 109mph with a 2.2 60’, needless to say I didn’t the car went 13.70 @ 109 with a 2.3 60’. So the next pass I knew what I had to do, I drove around the water box and then proceeded to back in to get the tires wet, spun them to coat the tire, pulled out of the water to do my burn out and bang! WTF? Red line! Not another diff! They towed me out of the burn out box. I get under the rear of the car only to find that my inner pass side CV had broken into a few pieces. So this is my excellent product review, honestly I can say that Gforce Axles did everything they said they would. Wheel hop is gone and long burn outs are the best. They have excellent customer service and really one of the best aftermarket products I have ever bought. On a side note I know the V is not meant for the ¼ mile but I figured why not the track is ten minutes from my house. So now its time to drink a beer and think about my next mods lol welcome to hell.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

Sorry to hear about your axle. I have been hearing great things about G-Force's products and their services. How is the track at Cecil? What year V do you have?
Old 03-27-2010, 05:48 AM
TECH Regular

You gotta pay to play! LMAO!!!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 01:14 PM
FormerVendor

Oh man, that really sucks

I'm getting ready to release our full axle sets and if all goes as planned the axles you have will be interchangable with our complete axle.
You might have noticed some extra retaining clip grooves in the axles that werent used for anything.
You can either send your axles in to assembled into the axle assembly or I can send you the inner, outer stubs and cv joints in one big kit.
You just use your axles, throw the cv joints on and whammo, your done

Thanks
Chris
Old 03-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Banned

bummer bro,

what actualy broke? the axle or the stubs?

Looks like paying the 1,600 for DDs is the way to go if you want to track the V...
Old 03-27-2010, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by M_T_Pockets
I get under the rear of the car only to find that my inner pass side CV had broken into a few pieces. So this is my excellent product review, honestly I can say that Gforce Axles did everything they said they would. Wheel hop is gone and long burn outs are the best. They have excellent customer service and really one of the best aftermarket products I have ever bought. On a side note I know the V is not meant for the ¼ mile but I figured why not the track is ten minutes from my house. So now its time to drink a beer and think about my next mods lol welcome to hell.
Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
what actualy broke? the axle or the stubs?
I'm going out on a limb here, but it sounds like the "inner pass side CV" broke, not the axle. Do you know how much power it would take to break that axle?
Old 03-27-2010, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^ A bagillion hp!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OP your car black, with corsa catback and kooks long tubes? cecil is my home track as well. I didnt make it up yesterday or today though.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Gforce Engineering
Yes it does but your product worked, I would rather break a CV then a diff any day. The axles are beautiful these things would almost be impossible to break unless maybe a couple thousand ft-lbs’s got thrown at them. Still I think the diff would die first.

Originally Posted by 1actsv
How is the track at Cecil? What year V do you have?
Friday can be nuts if you don’t get there early. I would much rather go on Wednesday or Saturday test and tune. Saturday is a little more money though. For both of these events they spend the time to prep the track.

Originally Posted by itsslow98
OP your car black, with corsa catback and kooks long tubes? Cecil is my home track as well. I didn’t make it up yesterday or today though.
Lol funny you mention that. Mine is Platinum Silver 05 with gunmetal stockers and black grills. The black one you are talking about is a guy from PA. I have talked to him the past two times I have been to Cecil, the first time I thought it was you until I saw the Pa plates. I lurked allot lol. But I figured his car would have run better 13.70 @ 106 Kooks, tune by Rpm, and intake. He says it not his daily and if you don’t drive these car all the time it’s hard to launch them.

Last edited by M_T_Pockets; 03-28-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: fat fingers lol
Old 03-28-2010, 04:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol funny you mention that. Mine is Platinum Silver 05 with gunmetal stockers and black grills. The black one you are talking about is a guy from PA. I have talked to him the past two times I have been to Cecil, the first time I thought it was you until I saw the Pa plates. I lurked allot lol. But I figured his car would have run better 13.70 @ 106 Kooks, tune by Rpm, and intake. He says it not his daily and if you don’t drive these car all the time it’s hard to launch them.[/QUOTE]

Yea I ran faster then that with a muffler delete and CAI, I picked up 33rwhp from a tune by RPM and have yet to run it. I know what you mean, I daily drive mine so Im getting comfortable with it but best 60' I have cut so far is 2.29. If i could get a 2.0 Id be in the 13.2 range with a tune. But next time I go itll be on spray. When do you plan to head up next, Id like to meet up with you. The guy from PA had stock wheels, mine are black btw.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm getting ready to release our full axle sets and if all goes as planned the axles you have will be interchangable with our complete axle.
You might have noticed some extra retaining clip grooves in the axles that werent used for anything.
You can either send your axles in to assembled into the axle assembly or I can send you the inner, outer stubs and cv joints in one big kit.

Thanks
Chris
how much we talkin here for these full axles.. similar to the DSS race axles... i.e way to much $$$.. what are they like 1800

Last edited by shadyLS6; 03-29-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:05 AM
FormerVendor

[QUOTE=shadyLS6;13100899]

Thanks
Chris[/QUOTE

how much we talkin here for these full axles.. similar to the DSS race axles... i.e way to much $$$.. what are they like 1800
Yea, they will be similarly priced. Maybe not that much but not far off.
It's hard to make a full axle with inner stubs, axle and outer stubs all out of good certified aircraft grade material, heat treat and apply a nice coating for much less.
I'm sure I'll have a sale to kick them off

Thanks
Chris
Old 03-29-2010, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

i cant wait to see what i will do with axles, seems like it was a ruff night at the track for you i would recommend not dumping the clutch and riding it out these cars dont like violent launches, i went 12.9 with a 2.1 60' at 110 on stock everything besides headers and a tune

Quick Reply: Gforce FTW