Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Magnuson MP112 differences between GTO LS2 and CTS-V LS2

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Magnuson MP112 differences between GTO LS2 and CTS-V LS2

Any notable differences in these two kits? I picked up a MP112 from a LS2 GTO and googling wasn't much help. I've read the harmonic balancer may be an issue... just trying to figure if maybe the belt sizes might be off, etc.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The v setup is a combination of gto setback. ( where the blower gets mounted) and corvette accessories spacing if I remember correctly

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Any notable differences in these two kits? I picked up a MP112 from a LS2 GTO and googling wasn't much help. I've read the harmonic balancer may be an issue... just trying to figure if maybe the belt sizes might be off, etc.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

Saw this:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...l#post17619211

Pulley spacing is different on the GTO, will not match with the V or Vette. The supercharger (rotor housing) is placed further towards the front of the motor on the intake on the Vette version, so the hood will not close if the Vette unit is installed on a V.
I just wanna stockpile the extras I'll need so I can bolt this up 1-2-3
Old 01-30-2015, 09:33 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll just FFWD to the end...no, it won't work. Everything is different and you'll spend more than a new one to make it work. Search for the filler if you choose.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DMM
I'll just FFWD to the end...no, it won't work. Everything is different and you'll spend more than a new one to make it work. Search for the filler if you choose.
How so? Accessories and the pulley spacing? Is there no way to overcome that?
Old 01-30-2015, 11:51 PM
TECH Resident

A ton of money.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:22 PM
TECH Resident

I've been getting mixed info. Some say should just be shimming pulley and jackshaft. some say accessories, some say everything. Inconsistent. Has anyone actually done it or have first hand knowledge on it?
Old 02-01-2015, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

Really the only differance is the fuel rails and the pulley spacing. The GTO fuels from the drivers side and the V from the passengers side. The spacing on the GTO can be fixed by buying a shaft for the V from Magnacharger. The new shaft comes with new bearings and mounts that would make it a bolt on fix. Then you still need the correct HEX for the V
Old 02-01-2015, 02:01 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Only the head unit is the same. Manifold is different meaning the charger sits too far fwd on the manifold and the hood will not shut. Jackshaft is wrong also due to incorrect F body pulley spacing.

So the manifold, jack shaft, HEX...everything but the head unit, are different and will have to be replaced or substantially modified. Oh, and Magnuson has insane prices for this **** meaning the jack shaft will probably be 2x what you paid for the entire kit that is now useless to you.

I've laid this out many, many times before. All you have to do is search.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DMM
Only the head unit is the same. Manifold is different meaning the charger sits too far fwd on the manifold and the hood will not shut. Jackshaft is wrong also due to incorrect F body pulley spacing.

So the manifold, jack shaft, HEX...everything but the head unit, are different and will have to be replaced or substantially modified. Oh, and Magnuson has insane prices for this **** meaning the jack shaft will probably be 2x what you paid for the entire kit that is now useless to you.

I've laid this out many, many times before. All you have to do is search.
Searching here provided many many mixed results.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:24 AM
FormerVendor

Default Ls-2 gto vs ls-2 cts-v

Hey Guys the only common parts between what we call box#1 <supercharger with manifold, injectors ect.> on these 2 kits are really the head unit <supercharger itself> lower manifold<tub> and the intercooler . The supercharger itself is moved back 1.732" on the CTS-V , The shaft is lowered , as is the inlet piece And of course the kit for the CTS-V is in a Corvette beltline and the GTO is F-Body like the earlier Camaros . The conversion can be done BUT it will be expensive and time consuming for both parties involved . My personal opinion would be to either get the Holley accessory drive spacers and make it an F-body drive and change the hood or sell the kit and try to get a CTS-V kit and the only new option we have for the CTS-V is a 2300 which would require a new hood as well. If there are any further questions you can always email me at Garrett.Harmon@magnusonproducts.com . I will be checking in periodically on the forums as well. I hope this information helps.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^ this is exactly why more custom hood development is needed...the v1 is limited on so many things, hood clearance to power adders is one... kudos to the ls7 whipple sticking out of the hood...Id rock that thing 8 days a week and have no issue doing so

But a new hood with added front clearance and aggressive look and possible heat extraction sounds better.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Becker
^^ this is exactly why more custom hood development is needed...the v1 is limited on so many things, hood clearance to power adders is one... kudos to the ls7 whipple sticking out of the hood...Id rock that thing 8 days a week and have no issue doing so

But a new hood with added front clearance and aggressive look and possible heat extraction sounds better.
I knew you guys in Cali were special but too get an extra day a week is worth moving...

The 2300 would be awesome!
Old 02-03-2015, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

The Gto kit as already stated is really no good for the v. Now taking a v kit and changing the head unit I've pretty much got down pat. Using the 2300 unit will take some work but I can do it under a stock hood.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

This is what I wanted to hear on the other thread I started this post. I already have the 112, missed a 122 on ebay ($675+shipping, still sick I missed that), and priced a rebuild with ceramic coated rotors Jon bond performance. I'd rather go to a TVS2300, if I could make it work with my existing manifold and accessory pulleys. I'd change my fuel pump, buy a different fuel pump booster, get a new tune, and hope for the best. At least till I get LQ4 built with a good rotation assembly.

Last edited by stick1975; 02-03-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stick1975
This is what I wanted to hear when I started this post. I already have the 112, missed a 122 on ebay ($675+shipping, still sick I missed that), and priced a rebuild with ceramic coated rotors Jon bond performance. I'd rather go to a TVS2300, if I could make it work with my existing manifold and accessory pulleys. I'd change my fuel pump, buy a different fuel pump booster, get a new tune, and hope for the best. At least till I get LQ4 built with a good rotation assembly.
Solid plan just keep the boost low on the stock bottom.!!! Or throw rod bolts,and stud the main and heads and u make it if u don't go to crazy and don't over rev like mad man... Those tire will not like u one bit haha

Quick Reply: Magnuson MP112 differences between GTO LS2 and CTS-V LS2