Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Borla vs. Corsa for the V

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Borla vs. Corsa for the V

I am having a hard time deciding on which exhaust to get. The car is going to stay relativley stock for the next few years but I definatley want to do an exhaust. I've heard that Borla sounds better then the Corsa and the Corsa sounds like a boat due to their marine engineering. I don't want to sound like a boat. I'm looking for deep, throaty, yet subtle. Any suggestions will be greatly apreciated.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Staging Lane

I have corsa and love it, even with my Kooks headers its nice and quiet inside when cruising, and then sounds loud and mean only when you get into it. My Buddy has Borla, and it resonates so bad on the inside at around 2K rpms that you cant even hold a conversation....

I guess it just depends on what you want.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Teching In

Get the Corsa, it sounds nothing like a marine engine.

Just as they advertise, loud when you want it to be, quiet when you want it to be.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Launching!

CORSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't waste money on anything else
Old 07-12-2006, 11:35 PM
TECH Addict

the corsa wont really give you more hp but it does exactly as it is advertised...

Now, what is the magic ingredient that makes this happen, huh?
Old 07-13-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Junkie

corsa
Old 07-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Teching In

>My Buddy has Borla, and it resonates so bad on the inside at around 2K rpms that you cant even hold a conversation...

Then your buddy does not have a Borla on a CTS-V.

Don't fall for all of the Corsa hype floating around on the popular cts-v boards. Everybody loves what they have, or have group purchased, and thats a fact. The Borla is a great sounding system (deeper than stock), very mature sounding, and comes with a great warranty. The Borla is the only setup that uses a x-pipe "along with" tube resonators in the long pipes going to the mufflers. This alows for more hp along with sound control. The BB and Magnaflow x-pipe cts-v system offer an even louder deep tone, and offer up even more hp.

Last edited by Johnny_V; 07-27-2006 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:36 PM
Teching In

Don't fall for all of the Corsa hype floating around on the popular cts-v boards. Everybody loves what they have, or have group purchased, and thats a fact.

What hype was there and why is the so-called hype wrong. I am sure you know because you claim that OrangeFRC buddy doesnt have a Borla. Guess he is a liar, eh? I am sure youve heard many complain that the Corsa is just as loud, right

You must work for Borla
Old 07-28-2006, 12:27 AM
Teching In

>I am sure you know because you claim that OrangeFRC buddy doesnt have a Borla. Guess he is a liar, eh?

I said OrangeFRC buddy does not have a cts-v Borla system. He may very well have another car with Borla that does have that problem. The cts-v Borla system does not. I did not say he his a liar.

>I am sure youve heard many complain that the Corsa is just as loud, right.

No.. They complain that it has a high pitch bark at WOT. At idle, the Corsa is actualy pretty quiet.

>You must work for Borla

I wish. LOL... I could use the money!!
Old 07-31-2006, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

well, why not a magnaflow? I think that would be a good leveled choice between the two.

I have never liked borla, f-body exhaust tone is horrid, and i have neither liked the corsa either... though, my buddies firehawk h/c magic stick does sound pretty wicked!!!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by obZidian
well, why not a magnaflow? I think that would be a good leveled choice between the two.

I have never liked borla, f-body exhaust tone is horrid, and i have neither liked the corsa either... though, my buddies firehawk h/c magic stick does sound pretty wicked!!!

Ya for the money, I think the magnaflow would be the way to go. That is what I would like to get on my car, if I don't end up saleing it.

J

Quick Reply: Borla vs. Corsa for the V