Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Fair Warning to new owners/shoppers/exhaust Modders...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fair Warning to new owners/shoppers/exhaust Modders...

Just wanted to warn those that were uninformed, because I know I CERTAINLY WASN'T.

IF you buy a CTS-V, be prepared to become the number 1 White Trash Magnet in traffic.

In two weeks, I've had two white trash bastards accost me while in traffic. One in a crappy Nissan Sentra, and then again today, a guy driving a busted up RAV4 with cracked windshield, among other things.

The douche in the Nissan almost rearended me twice, all while hopping up and down in his seat like he had a ***** installed in the bottom of it.

The guy this morning, after asking me a few questions about the car, decided he would be cool and start cutting off people in traffic around me before deciding to go flying across two more lanes to get into a right turn lane...

Seriously... WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS WARN ME?!

Also, I finally got to say today for the first time, "Nope, it's only the 400HP one." " Oh. It go good?" "It's a GM. No." "" I won't lie though, it was funny watching him drive in traffic with his head hanging out of the window Ace Ventura style listening to my exhaust...

-meaty
Old 07-01-2011, 08:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well before the exhaust mod I couldn't get a 2nd look from someone if I were trying to instigate a street run.....After, 99% of the cars with decent power give me props but after seeing the V commercial campaign assume it has a rocket for an engine and won't play. BUT the ricer world is another game indeed...I had a guy in a 4 door Accord...No hubcaps, fartcan exhaust and AEM stickers down the windshield pulls the bobbing and weaving move to attempt race me in the middle of town.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahahaha! That's awesome! Same ***** happened to me but maybe not quite that extreme. And I always get the... "I'd that the supercharged caddy that makes almost 600hp?" No sir... This is the slow one. Only makes 405... Lol
Old 07-01-2011, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Hahahaha! That's awesome! Same ***** happened to me but maybe not quite that extreme. And I always get the... "I'd that the supercharged caddy that makes almost 600hp?" No sir... This is the slow one. Only makes 405... Lol
EXACTLY!!....I touched on that on a post the other day. The look of disappointment on someone's face amazes me when you tell them it "only" has 400hp....Could you imagine the high 5's that would be going around if one of the Stang Gang were making 400horses in his 99 4.6?
Old 07-01-2011, 09:56 PM
TECH Veteran

I know! Lol I had a 98 gt when I was 16 and with full bolt-ons it ran 15.1 on the first pass on drag radials and I cracked the front of the plastic intake which sprayed radiator fluid everywhere under the hood so i couldnt run again. Haha prob would have put down 230rwhp on the dyno in cold weather but it sounded great! Lol
Old 07-01-2011, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got to beat up on a new Camaro yesterday.

Was probly one of the base models, the RS? *shrug*

I had a crazy-mad hooked up honda behind me last night, he ended up right on my *** in the turn lane. I gave him a couple blips to let him know what was up

Straight pipes are rediculous but fun.

Keep it in 6th otherwise

-meaty
Old 07-02-2011, 09:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL nice man yea I'm loving the loud exhaust... nice to give people a little squirt when they think they're goin to pass
Old 07-02-2011, 09:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Can't wait to get my kooks on and cats off. Gonna be LOUD with just the x and no resonators or mufflers
Old 07-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by meatyCTS-V
IF you buy a CTS-V, be prepared to become the number 1 White Trash Magnet in traffic.

-meaty
Try driving a Viper with HF Cats/Corsa...
Old 07-02-2011, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mhhamrhead
Try driving a Viper with HF Cats/Corsa...
When I was shopping for a new car, a Viper was on my list of cars to look at.

But I will be honest, I have a soft spot in my heart for sleeper sedans.

I drove 88-92 Mazda 626 Hatchback sedans for the longest time, and loved blowing peoples doors off and the looks on their faces.

I think I get the same thing out of the Caddy, but unfortuantly a lot of people know what a V is with the new ad campaign hitting the TV hard, and it seems like the commercials are only playing during Jerry Springer lol

-meaty
Old 07-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by meatyCTS-V
When I was shopping for a new car, a Viper was on my list of cars to look at.

-meaty
Fotunately it's just my toy. Today was the third time I drove it in 2011 for a total of ~140 miles so far this year. Still trying to burn up the gas I put in it last October.

I wouldn't want to attract the kind of attention I get with that car every day.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't think I've gotten a whole lot of ricers messing around in this car (in fact, the # of them on the road has diminished greatly here in the last couple years)...I do get a few other types messing around, but nothing crazy. Most of the time I just go about my bidness, but once in awhile there'll be a good one.

The last few days I had an Evolution that was 'fixed up' try and think I surprised him (no, I know better than to do it from a launch, as I know what my vr4 will do there!)...yesterday, a guy in an SRT8 challenger tried pretty hard, but was probably surprised too.

Even though this car doesn't feel fast to me (I mean, it has good power, just doesn't *feel* fast), I noticed it does surprise me quite a bit when I do run something else that *should* be faster. That's why I don't pay too much attention to mag times and the street has so many variables. But really, ultimately, I'd rather not "race" and try to avoid it, although once in awhile the stars align and I try to keep it at a reasonable speed and generally let off hard as soon as I realize just how fast these things get going (without feeling like it).

Still, I didn't buy this car for that, but is fun sometimes...Imagine it with a supercharger and supporting mods and dialed in, wow...Although I have a feeling that could get dangerous. At ~stock levels, this car feels pretty safe to mess around in, but also feels like it could be close to the breaking point. I'm glad it's not like my GTO though, where it honestly felt unsafe sometimes getting on it (if you weren't 100% focused).
Old 07-02-2011, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

since my V isnt my DD...... I am going to try and make it feel unsafe when I drive it
Old 07-02-2011, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL, yeah know what you mean...It's all about respecting the car and knowing when and when not to do certain things and know I could handle it (say I went wild), but it's always the unexpected you have to beware of!

Not sure I'll ever keep this car as a non-DD, but glad I cut the miles down by ~1/3 in the last few months, but unfortunately that means not a whole lot of freeway driving anymore and this car likes to be on the highway (just runs better).
Old 07-02-2011, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

We should all tell anyone that asks if its the 556hp V "NO ITS THE 333HP V". And if they mention that it must be slow with as hevy as we are, we can simply reply "wanna try botch?"
Old 07-02-2011, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys just have to stop being pansies and mod up. I haven't had to say it's only the 400hp one for over a year hah
Old 07-02-2011, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only thing that sucks is my installer always has to say; "**** man, im swamped." I always bring it in at the wrong times
Old 07-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Launching!

At this point I just tell people all my cars are slow.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wcryan
The only thing that sucks is my installer always has to say; "**** man, im swamped." I always bring it in at the wrong times
I do this thing called "turning my own wrench." Try it sometime

I'm just kidding!

I do the same, just tell everyone my cars are slow and boring. Keeps me from getting hassled too much at meets and whatnot.

-meaty
Old 07-04-2011, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

On the street my V hasn't felt fast for awhile now especially since picking up my srt8 Jeep with a vortech. Still prefer the V though.

Quick Reply: Fair Warning to new owners/shoppers/exhaust Modders...