Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Cadillac ATS Design Teased/Revealed. Confirmed for next year today by GM

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Cadillac ATS Design Teased/Revealed. Confirmed for next year today by GM

Info and pics:

http://www.atsforums.com/forums/show...led-via-Teaser!

Looks like a good blend of the angular CTS and MB C-class lines. This thing's got the potential looks wise to stand up against the 3-series, A4, and C-class.

Now lets hope for equally impressive performance.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

the coupe is what they're basing the camaro off of as well, so i'm sure the performance will be pretty stout, the only thing i'm worried about is weight.

either way i'm pretty excited

edit: i thought the ATS was going to be a coupe as well as sedan.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its like a g8, c class and cts all put together.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
its like a g8, c class and cts all put together.
Hopefully it won't weigh as much as those all put together...

I'd love some ATS-V at <3,800 lbs and >450hp, and with HUD. The further they can go from those numbers in the good direction, the better. I kinda doubt it will happen though. If they are benchmarking the 3-series, that's ~415hp and ~3,800 lbs ('vert is a crazy 4,200!)...
Old 08-04-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

That looks real good. Ive been waiting for the ATS. I wanna see AWD and 400+ hp
Old 08-04-2011, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks sharp! Really hope that they make a V...I mean they had the ***** to make a V Wagon...so fingers crossed!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

that'll sell like hotcakes
Old 08-04-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by aurora40
Hopefully it won't weigh as much as those all put together...

I'd love some ATS-V at <3,800 lbs and >450hp, and with HUD. The further they can go from those numbers in the good direction, the better. I kinda doubt it will happen though. If they are benchmarking the 3-series, that's ~415hp and ~3,800 lbs ('vert is a crazy 4,200!)...
if they are smart they would start the industry trend of down sizing and bring this vehicle in at 3600lbs. more so with the V version they have a chance to make a serious vehicle.... also since the camaro would be on this same platform i would hope its lighter then 3800lbs.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

well they definetly did start out lighter, its on a smaller wheelbase. however it quickly added up with the AWD and suspension that they're using, hopefully a lot of the stuff doesnt get used on the camaro so it will be lighter. for the camaro to be taken more seriously now it has to be around the same weight as the mustang.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That could easily be my next car if they make a V (that is years from now when i can get a used one to replace my V) The new CTS is just getting a little too big and heavy for me. but this ATS could be just right
Old 08-05-2011, 07:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Why do people want AWD from a sporty car? It adds weight, packaging complexity, and I really don't see how it improves the "fun" factor other than launching from a stop?

If the ATS-V was AWD, I wouldn't be interested in it. What I'd like is a car closer to the V1 than the V2 in terms of feel and weight, but maybe with a couple more amenities (not wood and chrome and analog clocks like the V2 though), and more power.

And of course it goes without saying that I'd want it free of goofy stuff like a rubber driveline, wheelhop, the worlds most convoluted nav/DIC, etc...
Old 08-05-2011, 07:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

If the ATS-V was AWD, I wouldn't be interested in it. What I'd like is a car closer to the V1 than the V2 in terms of feel and weight, but maybe with a couple more amenities (not wood and chrome and analog clocks like the V2 though), and more power.
my guess is that it will be offered in AWD and RWD.

plus isn't AWD not so great with turns and corners? i'm uneducated with AWD so perhaps someone could enlighten me.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh, also, why do we think the new Camaro will be based off it? In that teaser, Reuss says the ATS is on a "Cadillac-specific" new platform.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wimimc

plus isn't AWD not so great with turns and corners? i'm uneducated with AWD so perhaps someone could enlighten me.
Oh, the ATS might be, much like the CTS is currently offered in AWD and RWD. But the V, I doubt that will have multiple driveline configurations. And I hope they don't pick AWD...

I naturally assumed we were all talking about wishes for the V version. I'm pretty sure the base ATS won't have 400+hp, etc.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Why do people want AWD from a sporty car? It adds weight, packaging complexity, and I really don't see how it improves the "fun" factor other than launching from a stop?

And of course it goes without saying that I'd want it free of goofy stuff like a rubber driveline, wheelhop, the worlds most convoluted nav/DIC, etc...
Instead of having a few weekend/summer cars I would love a car with power than I can drive year long. I dont like trucks/SUVs and their is only a few performance based cars available in AWD. Im not a fan of Audi and cant afford a GTR so my only option is a 335xi Bimmer. With that said Id take a Caddy over that anyday.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I now have a massive erection
Old 08-05-2011, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

My cousin has been testing the ATS motor at the Milford proving grounds MI...This version was a turbo'd 6 cylinder. Not sure if it make's production or not but it's the answer to Ford's ecoboost motor. I doubt they make a V model, JMO.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Wimimc

AWD has been proven very succesful on the road course/autocross: lambo, sti, evo to name a few
Old 08-05-2011, 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh, also, why do we think the new Camaro will be based off it? In that teaser, Reuss says the ATS is on a "Cadillac-specific" new platform.
I've been reading that the camaro and ats are on the new alpha platform
Old 08-05-2011, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Agree, i want RWD, AWD does not do much for me...

Quick Reply: Cadillac ATS Design Teased/Revealed. Confirmed for next year today by GM