Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

So....I Got a Delivery Today.........

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 08:02 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default So....I Got a Delivery Today.........

Well...after initially placing the order in April, being charged on August 1st (without any receipt, bill of sale, lead time, shipping info, nothing), getting ignored by the person that charged me as of September 3rd, and ultimately filing a dispute with AMEX...I got an email saying that I was to have a delivery today.

I finally got my E-Force! I verified it to be for Cathedral heads...so its good to go for any LS2/6! Too bad I did not get any of the supporting items to install this or I would be wrenching this weekend! Damnit!

Considering everything it has included...I should be able to stay within my original budget of $6000, or maybe even less!
Attached Thumbnails So....I Got a Delivery Today.........-photo-11-.jpg   So....I Got a Delivery Today.........-photo-13-.jpg   So....I Got a Delivery Today.........-photo-12-.jpg  
Old 09-21-2012, 08:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Can you post a parts list? I was lead to believe the cost was going to be over $7000.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I hate to see these supercharger threads, I had a maggie on my Silverado SS and it was nothing but fun. Must resist......

But seriously it looks awesome
Old 09-21-2012, 08:09 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
Can you post a parts list? I was lead to believe the cost was going to be over $7000.
Its not a kit...just the head unit, fuel rails, 60 lb Seimans injectors, and tensioner assembly. I will have to source the HEX system, pump, fuel lines, HEX system lines and tank, etc. Not too bad to source, but I really did not expect to get this thing honestly.

It has the Edelbrock list...with a whole lot of stuff crossed out in marker, lol.

Again...I did not want a kit.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the pulley offset correct for our cars (no mods)? Where did you buy it from?
Old 09-21-2012, 09:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DMM
Its not a kit...just the head unit, fuel rails, 60 lb Seimans injectors, and tensioner assembly. I will have to source the HEX system, pump, fuel lines, HEX system lines and tank, etc. Not too bad to source, but I really did not expect to get this thing honestly.

It has the Edelbrock list...with a whole lot of stuff crossed out in marker, lol.

Again...I did not want a kit.
I don't want to act like I need to be spoon fed, but I'm not familiar with the process of procuring a supercharger. It seems like you have to find a distributor and know in advance what part number you're looking for. Hence the problem. If you go to Eaton's site, all I can find are universal kits that include a lot of things that I already have (e.g. larger injectors and what not).

If you read Psychobillcaddy's E-force build thread, he mentions that you need the Camaro snout version, but after combing Jegs, I haven't figured it out yet.

What part number did you order? Think it'll work on the LS2?
Old 09-21-2012, 10:29 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Onefast V
Is the pulley offset correct for our cars (no mods)? Where did you buy it from?
It does have the correct offset for our cars (C6/G8 offset) with the Camaro/G8 snout. I got mine from a former sponsor that is now banned, so I cannot mention him by name. I will say that there is a better way to go esp since I didn't think I would actually get this thing...hell, the guy dropped off the face of the earth for the last 20 days until today at noon...and it was shipped on the 13th.

I can't really talk trash though, he got me what he promised, for a very fair price, and it was direct shipped from Edelbrock so he really had no interference or additional delay. He did say that they raised their prices and he lost money on the deal the last I spoke with him.

He realistically made almost no money on this transaction (if he didn't lose any as he stated) and I can somewhat understand the lack of communication to a point when you're not making any profit.

I don't want to act like I need to be spoon fed, but I'm not familiar with the process of procuring a supercharger. It seems like you have to find a distributor and know in advance what part number you're looking for. Hence the problem. If you go to Eaton's site, all I can find are universal kits that include a lot of things that I already have (e.g. larger injectors and what not).

If you read Psychobillcaddy's E-force build thread, he mentions that you need the Camaro snout version, but after combing Jegs, I haven't figured it out yet.

What part number did you order? Think it'll work on the LS2?
Edelbrock has the parts recipe...my box has a universal part number with a second one hand written. You cannot get this through Jeg's that I know of...you need a vendor with direct access to Edelbrock that can speak intelligently on your behalf.

Yes, it will work on the LS2...actually, better than the LS6 b/c the LS6 guys have to buy the LS2 Throttle Body. Now that I am looking through the box again...I don't see the valley cover included, so you may need that as well. It looks like there is more room under this manifold assemble then there is with the 112 Maggie.

Oh, and don't go through Eaton...they just make the rotors, the rotors need to be installed in a specific case. That's where Edelbrock, Magnuson, Ford, and GM come in.

Here is everything that I have:
Attached Thumbnails So....I Got a Delivery Today.........-photo-16-.jpg   So....I Got a Delivery Today.........-photo-14-.jpg   So....I Got a Delivery Today.........-photo-15-.jpg  
Old 09-21-2012, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very interesting! Looking forward to the install and results
Old 09-22-2012, 12:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Excellent information, DMM. By the way, did you notice that Psychobillycaddy had a 3.0" pulley?
Old 09-22-2012, 07:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

While I'm not interested in going this route myself, I just wanted to post in appreciation of you posting the parts list and information for others who might follow you. Stuff like this is what the forums are all about.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:06 PM
FormerVendor

Guys, I'm a direct vendor with Edelbrock and can look into piecing parts together like this. We were looking into this in our store already for a Trailblazer SS.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MikeFSKSpeed
Guys, I'm a direct vendor with Edelbrock and can look into piecing parts together like this. We were looking into this in our store already for a Trailblazer SS.
Well, if you want to put together a parts list for LS6 and LS2 CTS-Vs, you'll definitely have 10-15 customers. Also, if you're interested in offering group rates, I have a pretty good track record of putting together group buys (see Forgestar F14s and Extreme Composite hoods), and I'm improving.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice DMM I'm still impressed with the Maggie I bought off you but.....I'll probably be making a trip down in the spring, need more power.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

Excellent information, DMM. By the way, did you notice that Psychobillycaddy had a 3.0" pulley?
3.25 pulley on mine

and make sure you tell your tuner those injectors are 60lb at 3bar
Old 09-23-2012, 01:00 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
While I'm not interested in going this route myself, I just wanted to post in appreciation of you posting the parts list and information for others who might follow you. Stuff like this is what the forums are all about.
Thanks! In reality, Psychobillycaddy is the one that deserves much of the credit and appreciation here. He not only fully documented his E-Force build, but has more than gone out of his way to assist me regarding the installation and procurement of all the required bits and pieces. Thanks again Billy!

Originally Posted by MikeFSKSpeed
It would really be awesome if you could make this more easily obtainable in its current form. I know quite a few vendors are trying to get a "kit" together for the CTS-V. And just so we are clear here, by "kit", I mean source everything from Edelbrock like I did, then add a half-assed HEX system that can be obtained through Frozenboost.com for $250 and slapping a $2k additional price tag on it.

I plan on documenting how and what I will have done to install this, to include the piecing of the HEX system, fuel system, etc together so that anyone can duplicate or improve on my efforts on their own at minimal cost with minimal guesswork.

Originally Posted by GFallen
Nice DMM I'm still impressed with the Maggie I bought off you but.....I'll probably be making a trip down in the spring, need more power.
Hahaha...fo sho man! You still planning to cam it or do you have something else in mind?

Originally Posted by psychobillycaddy
3.25 pulley on mine

and make sure you tell your tuner those injectors are 60lb at 3bar
These are the same Deka 60lb mini's that I had on my Maggie, so I already have all of the correct injector flow data already setup in my previous tune. I am going to go with a 2 BAR OS this time around, CancerJCC has offered to let me baseline with his tune so I am going to take him up on that when I get back.

Again, I really appreciate all of your assistance behind the scenes here. Thank you!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:04 AM
TECH Resident

Could someone with a current Maggie setup pull off their Maggie and "plug and play" the eforce in utilizing the Maggie hex system?
Old 09-23-2012, 11:38 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Onefast V
Could someone with a current Maggie setup pull off their Maggie and "plug and play" the eforce in utilizing the Maggie hex system?
You certainly could, but I would not recommend doing so. You will make more money selling your complete Maggie then piecing together a HEX system would cost you. I am actually planning on running the lines only on the drivers side as that is the design that I have in mind, so the Maggie stuff would not help with what I have planned.

I will have well under $500 in the HEX system when completed, and I plan on using insulated 1/2" ID aluminum tubing rather than heater hose. I think someone posted that Magnuson wanted just over $700 for the HEX alone. You do the math.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DMM
You certainly could, but I would not recommend doing so. You will make more money selling your complete Maggie then piecing together a HEX system would cost you. I am actually planning on running the lines only on the drivers side as that is the design that I have in mind, so the Maggie stuff would not help with what I have planned.

I will have well under $500 in the HEX system when completed, and I plan on using insulated 1/2" ID aluminum tubing rather than heater hose. I think someone posted that Magnuson wanted just over $700 for the HEX alone. You do the math.
Shame that you didn't live closer to New Haven. I'd volunteer to come help and learn.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DMM

Ya i was the one who almost had to buy a new HEX and they were $900
Old 09-23-2012, 12:47 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Shame that you didn't live closer to New Haven. I'd volunteer to come help and learn.
I plan on documenting with plenty of pics so that even if someone does not plan to do exactly what I have done, they should be able to see the available options. I'm pretty confident about my plans at the moment, since I have plenty of experience with the Maggie system I know what works and what needed improvement.

I am admittedly a little OCD when it comes to this kind of **** lol.

Last edited by DMM; 09-23-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Quick Reply: So....I Got a Delivery Today.........