Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Dual Halo Projector Headlight "Bounce"

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dual Halo Projector Headlight "Bounce"

I'm not sure how else to explain it. Anyways, I bought and installed a set of eagle motorsports ccfl dual halo projector headlights off of ebay back in January. I was going to try and get a descent set of oem headlights as mine were in bad shape, but I couldn't find a descent set for the price I wanted to pay. Anyway, I finally drove the V for the first time at night since I installed the headlights (it doesn't get driven much during the Illinois winter) and I noticed that whenever I would hit a bump in the road, the headlight beam would "bounce". The light doesn't flicker on and off or anything like that, but it just bounces as if the projector is a little loose inside the housing. When I got the car back to my garage, I left the lights on and banged on the headlights with my fist (not crazy hard) and I did notice that the projector jiggles just enough to make the light beam shake momentarily and it's really annoying while driving.

I know there are more than a few members on this forum with these lights happily installed on their cars and I was just curious if anyone has experienced the same problem as me and if there is any solution or if this is just a freak problem with mine. Thanks in advance for any help!

Here is a video:

Last edited by fastls199; 04-02-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

It's a freak problem with your headlights.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are your lights hard wired? You could try pulling the lights and try replicating the movement out of the car, then cut open the back and securing the projectors.

btw, Does anyone have pictures of the wiring they had to do to make these work?
Old 04-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

Yea, they are hardwired. I'm really not wanting to have to take my bumper off again but I think I'm going to have to so I can come up with a solution for this
I also added a video. As you can see, the projectors bounce around pretty badly inside the housing. I'm not hitting the headlight as hard as it sounds like either.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:17 PM
TECH Resident

What did you end up doing? I just installed mine and didnt go for a drive but they seem like they are going to bounce.

Last edited by JayBirdWs6; 04-19-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JayBirdWs6
What did you end up doing? I just installed mine and didnt go for a drive but they seem like they are going to bounce.
Haven't done anything yet. I've got the car all washed and waxed up ready for spring so I really don't want to take the front bumper back off yet. I rarely drive the car and even more rarely at night so it's not really a priority for me but I am going to tackle it someday. I'm sure I'm going to have to take the headlights out and figure something out. If you figure out a solution before me, let me know and I'll do the same. It's really not noticeable if your going down the interstate or a descent road but these nasty illinois roads really make them bounce. Annoying as ****.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

Same here with rarely drive the car and rarely at night also. I need to take my bumper off to finish my fogs and mess with my HIDS today. Did you install aftermarket HIDS in these lights?
Old 04-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Staging Lane

Yes, I installed a 55w 4300k ddm kit and I love it.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

How did you cap it? I'm stuck at this part.
Attached Thumbnails Dual Halo Projector Headlight "Bounce"-image.jpg  
Old 04-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Staging Lane

I just drilled a 1" hole in the dust cover with a spade bit and then slid it over the wires onto that rubber grommet. The rubber grommet fit tight so I didn't need to silicone it or anything. I'd take a picture if they weren't already installed.

Quick Reply: Dual Halo Projector Headlight "Bounce"