Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I order from gmpartsdirect.com?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Should I order from gmpartsdirect.com?

Hello,
What is your guy's experience with this gmpartsdirect.com?
I was very happy to learn of an online place for gm parts [thanks alowerlevel] at. I have found all the parts that I need for my CTSv pan swap there. as I am getting ready to check out, they want me to agree to a possible 10 working day wait before all my parts even ship. Is this a good site to order parts from? Can I expect these guys to ship in a timely manner if they have the parts in stock? Or should I pay the extra and order from my local Chevy dealer?

Thank you for any input.

Rob
Old 01-14-2009, 02:20 PM
rao
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good service, crazy high shipping prices.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Other then, they were bad to return stuff to, even if it was their fault or defective, they have fair prices for most stuff. I haven't bought from them recently, I've found other places, that once you figure in their freight charges, are just as cheap or cheaper
Old 01-14-2009, 02:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default Parts

PM sent
Thanks
Old 01-14-2009, 02:28 PM
rao
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would certainly pick SDPC first
Old 01-14-2009, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

Great,
Thanks for the info. What other sites do you guys order from?

Rob
Old 01-14-2009, 03:37 PM
11 Second Club

I go to the local dealer, get connections there and you will be all set
Old 01-14-2009, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

If you can't find a hookup at the local dealer I would also recommend Scoggin Dickey
Old 01-14-2009, 04:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by poconojoe
Other then, they were bad to return stuff to, even if it was their fault or defective, they have fair prices for most stuff. I haven't bought from them recently, I've found other places, that once you figure in their freight charges, are just as cheap or cheaper
Once you order from GMPD, if you have a problem with a defective part, you can always take it back to your local GM dealership parts counter, because its still a genuine GM part and its warranted by all GM via its dealerships nationwide.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:45 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Their shipping and handling charges blow (speaking from a past customer stand-point)! What kind of parts are you looking to buy from them?

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 01-14-2009, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by deuce4935
Once you order from GMPD, if you have a problem with a defective part, you can always take it back to your local GM dealership parts counter, because its still a genuine GM part and its warranted by all GM via its dealerships nationwide.
What if a part is not defective and you just want to return it? Can you do that at any dealership?
Old 01-14-2009, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

I've used them many times and have been pleased with them. Even after their high shipping prices they usually still come out cheaper than other places. They did mess up my last order but fixed it with no problem.

But if your in a hurry, go somewhere else. Shipping isn't the fastest when it comes to special order parts from GMPD.

Scoggin Dickey is pretty close to their prices and they have excellent service. I use them if I have a small order. I would also use them for my high dollar orders too but I live in Texas and have to pay for sales tax.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Launching!

I just ordered up all of my F body oil pan parts from them. Cost was good, but they nailed me with $55 for shipping!! I didn't catch it until after I had already submitted the order, or I would have taken my biz license, etc down to my local dealer and just bought from them. My parts have already shipped and I placed the order Monday. So not bad....
Old 01-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by deuce4935
Not when it was labeled wrong. I'm sure I could have worked something out with my local dealer, since they get a fair amount of money from me every year and the parts guy and service manager, get a free case of beer every once in a while, but thats not the point, why should it cost me more money, when it was their fault? They might have good prices, but their custormer service in the toilet. They're trying to run a business by selling strickly on price.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

paceparts.com is where its at!

Pontiac dealership up in ohio, but they can order all GM part #s and there shipping prices dont *** rape you like gmpartsdirect!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for all the info guys........
few more questions...

ryanvv355 & pist0lpete,
Are you able to get a break on the "list price" from your local "hookup"? gmpartsdirect prices were a hell of a lot cheaper, even if the shipping is high. Of course, if I could get those prices locally, I would be all over that!!!!

matt@texas speed,
I am just startin' out with my first swap, so I will be needing parts for months to come. to start I know I want a CTSv pan, LS1/LS6 intake [I am starting with an LQ4], F-Body water pump, F-Body Accessory kit. I still haven't finalized engine mounts, headers and everything else coming down the road.

I spent two years restoring a '64 convertible bug a couple years ago and when I found out who I could rely on for parts, it was all about price and quick shipping from then on.

I would still like to hear about more options too.

Oh yeah, I have my parts list into Scoggin Dickey. Hoping they have it all in stock.

Thanks

Rob
Old 01-14-2009, 10:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had good luck with Karl Chevrolet. Prices and shipping are very reasonable.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:56 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by robbied31
Thanks for all the info guys........
few more questions...

ryanvv355 & pist0lpete,
Are you able to get a break on the "list price" from your local "hookup"? gmpartsdirect prices were a hell of a lot cheaper, even if the shipping is high. Of course, if I could get those prices locally, I would be all over that!!!!
To be honest I never really compared prices one for one with GMPD vs prices I've paid at the stealership. I do know It is close to Rock Autos prices. I use them to base "good deal prices"
Old 01-15-2009, 03:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default Parts

Hey Rob thanks for the order
Old 01-16-2009, 06:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have actually used gmpartsdirect to find the correct p/n that I needed and then ordered the parts from SDPC.

Quick Reply: Should I order from gmpartsdirect.com?