Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 6.0 liter wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2007 6.0 liter wiring help

6.0 with 4l80e .What are the things to eliminate out of the harness and pcm.
So far I have decided to eliminate.let me know if i am forgetting something. I have searched for info but i cant find what i am looking for. I wanted to make sure the pcm does not need these inputs.thanks
Evap
Downstream o2 sensors
oil level switch
engine oil pressurefuel tank pressue evap
fuel level signal pin 54 in green connector
Old 04-26-2009, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Depends on your setup

Id completely disassemble the harness and remake it to best fit your needs, only put the connectors/wiring back that youll be using
Old 04-27-2009, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

Thats what I am doing. I just needed to make sure the pcm does not need any of these inputs to run. I know a ford does not need them but I was not sure on the gm. I know the older gm cars needed to see oil pressure other wise it would not run the fuel pump.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

I also need to know what the wire is in pin 50 my diagram does not say what it is for. It just goes to a hardshell connector . also pin 58 dark green,is this needed also?
Old 04-27-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Has asked, what is the setup, year car/truck that it is going into and what, if anything you are trying to integrade the engine and car together (Gauges, lights, etc) ?

But these are the general ones (some already listed above):
- AC
- EGR
- AIR Pump
- PCV
- EVAP
- Oil Level
- Fuel Tank Level/pressure
- Oil pressure sensor (can just connect your Car/Truck sensor up), most later years PCM's don't require it for anything. You can use it for the fuel pump relay if you want or just let the PCM do the fuel relay control. I use the location for my Chevelles idiot light.

and of Course .. VATS !
Old 04-28-2009, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

this is a 67 chevelle. I am just trying to make the engine and trans standalone. 2007 express van 6.0 with 4l80e.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Old 04-28-2009, 03:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure about the new PCM, Like your 2007 VAN one. but most PCM/Harness are able to be converted to standalone very easy. All of the information is in the FAQ/Sticky.

It come down to adding the required wires to the pins for the Hot 12+v battery, hot 12+ ign/switched where needed, the pink and orange wire. Then wire up the pins for the Fuel relay.

Otional but suggested: ODBII/Serial Data, MIL/Check engine light.

The Van should have a fan on the pump/pulley, so no relay wire is needed, unless your going to dump the fan for a e-fan setup.

Suggested you also use relay and fuse on all the required hot wires.

Then once you have converted it to standalone, then open up the rest of the harness, connect what is needed (coils, sensors, etc) or required and strip out what you don't want (EGR, Air, EVAP, etc) and then rewrap the harness. you should be able to remove the wire all the way to the PCM connector (it comes apart and the wire/pin will just slide out)

That is the short story...
Old 04-28-2009, 11:59 PM
On The Tree

I am pretty much done with the loom, I split the thing open and just eliminated what I didnt need . I just need to double check some pcm pinouts to be sure they are where they should be. I have a wire coming out of pin 50 in the green connector.but the diagram shows nothing in that pin. So I need to figure that out. I may add electric fans also. I finally found the diagram for the park neutral switch wiring so I can hook that up for the starter relay.
I also need to make sure pin 39 y/bk does not need to be there. I am installing the current performance fuse and relay panel too. It should be done in a couple of days when I get time to work on it.