Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone know how turn key's parts are

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 06:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know how turn key's parts are

Hey I am doing this LS1 swap into my 69 nova and found that turn key preformance out of Cali makes a swap kit. I just wanted some input from someome who may have used them for kits like this or any of there parts. The kit they offer includes all external fuel stuff (i.e. pump/reg) also motor mounts, headers, harness, computer for motor and trans, and an LH8 pan. the kit runs 2600 and the computer comes pre set for elimination of VATS emissions and and power add on's you have. Also they told me that I should be able to re-use my TH350 trans mount by just slightly modding it (Any truth to that for a 4L60E trans) Well any input would be great hope to hear from someone soon.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Teching In

The link attached it the company I am talking about please check it out and let me know if you have heard about it.

http://www.turnkeyenginesupply.com/E...aspx?key=parts
Old 09-18-2009, 01:41 AM
Teching In

Bump up to the top. Please anyone out there know anything ab out this company anything at all.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 69Nova
Hey I am doing this LS1 swap into my 69 nova and found that turn key preformance out of Cali makes a swap kit. I just wanted some input from someome who may have used them for kits like this or any of there parts. The kit they offer includes all external fuel stuff (i.e. pump/reg) also motor mounts, headers, harness, computer for motor and trans, and an LH8 pan. the kit runs 2600 and the computer comes pre set for elimination of VATS emissions and and power add on's you have. Also they told me that I should be able to re-use my TH350 trans mount by just slightly modding it (Any truth to that for a 4L60E trans) Well any input would be great hope to hear from someone soon.

Contact this guy i have talked to him a few times have him saved under my favorites he knows his shi* he will build you a custom harness..

harness 550 standalone no vats
pcm 99-02 only 100-150 used / ebay /forums
have it reprogramed by him as well 150 eliminate vats and all other codes
tie in a few wires that are marked for you..
headers 500.00
mounts 50.00
fuel pump external 200.00
filter & regulater lines 250
total 1850 + or -
money spent under 2000 and your done

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Last edited by banshee100hp; 09-18-2009 at 02:30 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:32 AM
Teching In

oh 1 other thing if you have the 4l60e use it but you must use the shifter out of the donor because it is an electronic shift ask about that as well..

i would use the 60 over the th350 any day
Old 09-18-2009, 02:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

I agree with Banshee,

turnkey is a good outfit from what I've heard, lot of the sandrail guys out here us their engines.

But you can do most of that stuff for cheaper,

can get a Walbro pump for 130 bucks, I spent about 300 bucks for my fuel line system, but its all AN fittings, stainless braided hoses, Corvette filter/regulator.

Engine mounts are about 50 bucks

the harness can be done in house, just look in the FAQ section and there is plenty of info, its pretty easy to do.

and like stated, can get a PCM on ebay, programmed for under 200 bucks, and if your not doing any engine mods you can get one cheaper for just deleteing the basics.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

I live near Turnkey in North San Diego County and I have been through their facility when I was considering them for my LS1 conversion. Their facility and products are first class and I would not hesitate to use them if you decide to go that way. I did not, and chose to use some of the other aftermarket kits e.g. Edelbrock conversion and the Howell harness and computer kits.

I asked myself the same question you are asking here; is it better to go with the conversion kits which are more expensive, or should I go it alone and throw in my labor and theoretically do it for less.

Well, if you understand all things automotive, and especially electrical systems and schematics, then you can do it with the help of this website. If you want to avoid alot of the first time pitfalls and mistakes, then the other way is more efficient.

In retrospect, if I had honestly budgeted the cost of the project, and you place some value on your time, then the Turnkey option is not that much more, especially if you run into some of the typical wiring problems that take forever to solve.

Either way you go, the end result is great. BTW, the guy who gave me the facility tour built the sickest Chevy II Nova with a twin turbo LS2 that took him over six years to finish and runs in the nines! I see it around town and it is awesome. Good luck.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=ssduane;12238391]I agree with Banshee,

turnkey is a good outfit from what I've heard, lot of the sandrail guys out here us their engines.

the harness can be done in house, just look in the FAQ section and there is plenty of info, its pretty easy to do.

true turnkey is definitely a goog company but you also pay for the knowledge that you can find for free here on ls1...nova 69

i did my own harness and almost finished with it spent about 6 hours on it so far and now i need to add in a little fuse box with relays and im done wont take but another 2 hours..so 8-10 hours and save yourself about 400.00 buy the harness for around 150 used from a 99-02 camaro/firebird ls1

here is a links where i started with my harness and i actually deleted alot more than that but here is a start..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...swap-faqs.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...swap-faqs.html

Last edited by banshee100hp; 09-18-2009 at 01:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Does anyone know how turn key's parts are