Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS/A body/Powerglide=what mounts,pan,flywheel?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 08:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS/A body/Powerglide=what mounts,pan,flywheel?

Okay guys I need help, I have searched and searched and I am still nowhere near 100% on what parts I need to get this LS motor bolted in my 69 Chevelle. I am keeping my (stock location)powerglide and 350/400 converter and I do not want to cut on my car any. If I use an LS flexplate(and open up the TC holes) and the 6.0 crank spacer/bolts will the starter still work? I may just buy the aftermarket flexplate that takes care of this but even so, what do you do about the 350/400 converter snout and the LS crank? So with the LS motor bolted to the old tranny(here's the part where i'm really lost!), what oil pan and motor mount setup do I need? I have heard 1" back motor mount adapters but I am still not sure about that. I have seen some factory oil pans used but they all seem REALLY tight and hang down REALLY low. My car is low to the ground and I drive it on the street a lot. I do not like the oil pan being the lowest part of the car. The Moroso pan looks nice but I do not want to use a remote oil filter. I know this is a lot of questions but I just want to make sure I do this once and do it right! Thanks!

Dan-O
Old 01-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Smile

Try Shawn @RetroLSX or DirtyDingo Motorsports for mounts and oil pan solutions.Both are offering the lhx oil pan which is ideal for lowererd vehicles and stll retains stock oil filter location.Edelbrock also makes an adapter plate for this conversion
Old 01-22-2010, 10:08 AM
TECH Resident

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/stor...3-P2410C0.aspx
Old 01-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the replys! Both of there oil pans look great but I really like the price of the "crateenginedepot".

Dan-o
Old 01-23-2010, 01:16 AM
Teching In

I am using an '04 cadillac CTS-V oil in my 69 chevelle. It seems to fit pretty well. I still haven't bolted the motor solid into place yet, but from what i can tell, it is gonna work pretty good. I dont know if you can keep the motor in the "stock" location or not, though... but i got a new pan, pickup tube and windage tray for under $300 at the Chevy dealership in town.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That pan from Crate Engine Depot is the LH8-Hummer pan. It will hang at least 2 to 2-1/4 inches below your cross member and be the first part that gets hit on a lowered vehicle.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been using a CTS-V pan for almost 4 years.. it has the require clearance around the Cross member. but it will hang down about 1", depending on how you mount the engine. I have scraped it and my header on speed bump a few times every year..so.. the LSX swap pan is idea.. IMO.... I wouldsay NO on the LH8 (Hummer) pan. Just way too low.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Staging Lane

Looks like you guys are right. The Crate Engine Depot pan is way deeper. So I have to come off $400 just for the right oil pan?!! I just picked up a complete running 6.0L for $250! I was wanting to run poly mounts but the dirty dingo solid mounts look good and I would guess they would work with there pan also. I may just have to do that. Thanks for the help!

Dan-o
Old 02-19-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbo Dan-O
Looks like you guys are right. The Crate Engine Depot pan is way deeper. So I have to come off $400 just for the right oil pan?!! I just picked up a complete running 6.0L for $250! I was wanting to run poly mounts but the dirty dingo solid mounts look good and I would guess they would work with there pan also. I may just have to do that. Thanks for the help!

Dan-o
www.CarShopInc.com has a nice cast aluminum S-10 LS Series conversion pan for $280.00. Call them and get the depth on it.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Regular

Dunno if the pan will fit but I am getting a group purchase together for the champs/autokraft pan thought sommers racing. The pan kit will be sold to the group for $355 instead of the normal $400.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-purchase.html

Quick Reply: LS/A body/Powerglide=what mounts,pan,flywheel?