Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have a Wait4me mail order tune problem? please check in

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Have a Wait4me mail order tune problem? please check in

I am wondering how many of you are have or have had problems with there tunes.

The first time i sent in a ecm to them the car wouldnt even start. when i sent it back they changed some things(dont know what), and now it starts. It will idle but anything past 1/5 throttle it falls on its face. THis is a cam only 5.3 in my brothers nova. I took the emc to my tuner and he said that the fueling table were all fucked up. He said who ever tuned the ecm didnt have any clue what they were doing.

I have talked to jesse on the phone and he acts like he knows everything. If anyone else has had problems with them, please post up. Just trying to see what others have experienced.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have not personally dealt with him, but a shop I am friends with has had an issue with an LS2 computer that he swore had the VATs turned off. After going back and forth 3 or 4 times with the customer about how he has special software that won't show the VATS off in HP Tuners, they finally payed someone else to program it, and it was fine.
He swore the whole time that it couldn't be his programming, must be the wiring, and that he was the greatest... blah blah blah.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default I wont wait for Jesse Bubb

I installed a LS2 & T56 in a 1966 GTO in late 2009 and I heard about W4ME in a Car Craft article where he is able to rework your original harness instead of getting a complete custom harness, which I preferred due to the original already being engineered to work properly, well I sent it to Jesse and I wasnt in a rush as I was still about 6 weeks from needing it, and I sent a detailed letter of what it was going in and what I needed and what I didnt, I also had to locate the blue connector with the pigtail for the PCM as that connector is not part of the engine harness on a LS2 and according to the lady that answers the phone which I believe is Jesse's wife, she said that Jesse was the only one that can do that type of LS2 harness as they are special?? Well at about 6 weeks later I called to check on the progress and they could not locate my harness and called a day later and apologized and said that it had got put under a work bench but that they would get on it right away and have it to me within a week, well in a week I had my harness for $450.00 and was happy till I laid it out and found I did not have any type of fuse box or relays on it just a bunch of labeled wires, and then I did not have any connector on the labeled wires for the connector to the DBW pedal, well I called and voiced my concerns and was told that was not part of the harness rework. I called Speartech and talked to John and bought a DBW connector and terminal ends, which by the way I was treated much better at Speartech, well I got the terminals and connectors and a schematic and I started to install the terminals and found I had a extra white wire there, so I called Wait 4 me and asked about the white wire and was told that was not possible but to send the harness back and he would look at it and finish installing the terminals and connector, well another $20.00 in freight and another 2 weeks for the round trip shipping and I got the harness back and the DBW pedal connector was installed and out of curiosity I stripped the harness by the DBW connector and sure enough about 2 inches back the white wire was just hidden out of the way and taped up instead of removing it completely which if it is not needed which it wasnt, it should have been removed completely from the harness, well I got everything on and the engine does start and run except on the very first initial start up of the day it seems to surge a bit and then the idle smooths out and then everything works OK, except that that the A\C compressor trys to turn on so for now I just have the A/C compressor unplugged and have removed the compressor until I get some other bugs worked out and then I will tackle the A/C system again. I know a long story but if I had it to over again I probably would have gone the Speartech route, it is the old saying you get what you pay for! Live and learn!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lizeec
it is the old saying you get what you pay for! Live and learn!
couldnt be more true in this case
Old 05-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

need a mail order tune frost is the way to go. he can get it pretty damn close. If his **** doesnt crank it you got another problem. BUT after its all said and done hptuners is the cheapest and best rest. BeSt mod if bought in a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time. Almost as good AS NITROUS lol
Old 05-05-2010, 12:08 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had one of his tunes when I first put my car together and I was happy with it. When he first did it I had asked him to reset the tach output for a v8 signal so I could use my factory tach and he forgot to do that, but he fixed it when he got the pcm back. After I swapped to the 6.0L I started doing my own tuning and noticed that he had disabled the check engine light/DTC`s for ALL of the emissions stuff, even the egr and purge that I had told him I was still using. Wasn`t anything that actually made those items stop working though, it just wouldn`t have had a check engine light if they did break. I still am happy with the results that I got for the money I paid.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:19 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had him do 3 tunes and unlock a PCM that another tuner had locked, with no issues, I know from experiance, he can make changes that do not show up, in HP Tuners, I guess thats one of HP tuners features, since like MS, they never think they have any shortcomings or bugs
Old 05-05-2010, 06:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

He needs to lose the attitude.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That kind of says it all. Nobody is perfect and every vendor will sometimes send out a ECM that does not work right, but it is how the vendor responds that defines their operation. John Spears once sent me a ECM that did not work properly, but he took care of it immediately without any argument.

All the knowledge in the world is worth nothing without good customer service, and Speartech has the customer service issue down pat!

Regards, John McGraw
Old 05-05-2010, 11:35 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Your tune is crap. Check this thread

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...situation.html
Old 05-05-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

On the oposite end of what you all are saying i just had my truck tuned (granted it was tuned in person) by Jesse and it runs flawlessly, i only have a cam, intake, exhaust and trans shift kit and servo swap done but hey.. The truck picked up alot of power and the shifts are perfect.. It idles, runs WOT and everything in between just like stock, but with alot better response and power...

So i will say that perhaps some info is being left out.. I would also say that as a person working on calibrations and such for a living that doing a tune over the phone or thru email would be nearly impossible.. Find someone local to do it if you dont like it.. Nobody is perfect..

Old 05-05-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds to me like Jessie should stop offering to do tuning via mail order then.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry to here you guys are having troubles. Mine worked great out of the mail box. I have had zero issues thus far 10,580 k miles to date. Of course I had my share of hair pulling but I can't blame that on Jesse. He's not the one that left those fuses out. I traced wires for hours before I pulled the lid on that box. Consider your self lucky at least you have oil pressure. I had to completely pull my engine 3 times to get that sorted out.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by eviltwin_1987
I took the emc to my tuner and he said that the fueling table were all fucked up. He said who ever tuned the ecm didnt have any clue what they were doing.
I work in the medical field, and I see doctors who disagree with other doctors on diagnosis/treatment. Doesn't mean either doctor is either incompetent or the World's Leading Expert, just that they have differing approaches.

You didn't mention who your tuner is, or what specifically he believed to be wrong w/ the "fueling table" which I assume is the Volumetric Efficiency map. It's therefore not possible to judge the accuracy of your complaint.

Your use of profanity as well as incorrect nomenclature (It's a Powertrain Control Module, not an "emc" or "ecm") makes it difficult to believe your credibility.

I can see that it's possible to successfully mail-order tune a PCM if enough data exists, and the induction/exhaust components are known, but I still wouldn't put a car on the track without direct wideband O2 based tuning.

Wait4Me's prices are much lower than dyno and wideband 02 tuning rates, so to get a car in basic running shape I would say he's offering a good product.

Last edited by crainholio; 05-05-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Launching!

Im pretty sure Im having a defective pcm here. Either that or the tune is not what its meant to be. Mine is suppose to have a stock 02 ls1 camaro tune. Im gonna know for sure early next week, I bought another pcm from another vendor.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:41 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Everyone screws up thats not the issue. Its when the same issue thats been screwed up crops up again and again it starts to smell bad...

Old 05-05-2010, 05:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Jesse did my wiring harness and tuned my computer. He did a great job and I'm happy with it. 2 years and it runs great still.

Bill
Old 05-05-2010, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Remember folks, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, whether it be good or bad...... In the end the customer still has to make a cognitive decision whether or not he will use the company... But to come on here and attack a guy for expressing his opinion bro is really is worse.. If you are allowed to glorify and praise a company when they do right, then you should be able to do the same when they fu*k up... So relax lil dude

Most of the time I have seen on these boards when a guy complains then people attack em, the people who are usually doing the attacking are either the compan'y friends or that person, just signed under a troll, fake name or account....

And sounds like all of yall need cheese with all this "wine" ...lol

Last edited by bozzhawg; 05-05-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Launching!

We got a PCM re-flash from Jesse, and it worked perfectly in our LS1-T56 swap into a 1986 BMW E30. It worked perfectly, and we have absolutely no complaints.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bozzhawg

And sounds like all of yall need cheese with all this "wine" ...lol
newbie opinions are important.

Quick Reply: Have a Wait4me mail order tune problem? please check in