Sponsored by:

again a fueling question

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 06:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default again a fueling question

Hee there,
I won a aution on ebay with a LS1 fuel pump assembly, unfortunedly, the guy selling did never send it to me or emailed me and send me a refund later on.
Now I am still looking for a good solution, I will be using a autometer fuel level gauge 0>90 ohm. I know some wreck yards here in holland which have some older firebirds with the 3 liter v6 in it, Could I use the fuel pump sending unit from that car? or perhaps a fuel level sending unit from another car (older than the LS1 cars, please) I want to use a internal uel pump with sending unit.
Can you guys tell me what to use besides the LS1 assembly with stock LS1 engine.
Thanks
Peter
Old 02-06-2004, 07:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I reused my '88 TPI tank and sending unit, but installed a Walbro 340 fuel pump in place of the stock pump. It's the high pressure 255 litre/hour pump, draws less amps than the standard pressure 255 pump which is a bonus.

I got mine at http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/ under their part# FPG-003 "GM Universal Kit". Came with electrical connector, high pressure fuel hose to replace the pulsator, clamps, everything I needed to install it onto the 3rd gen pickup.

http://www.autoperformanceengineerin.../fuelpump.html
Old 02-06-2004, 09:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by pjtimmer
Hee there,
I won a aution on ebay with a LS1 fuel pump assembly, unfortunedly, the guy selling did never send it to me or emailed me and send me a refund later on.
Now I am still looking for a good solution, I will be using a autometer fuel level gauge 0>90 ohm. I know some wreck yards here in holland which have some older firebirds with the 3 liter v6 in it, Could I use the fuel pump sending unit from that car? or perhaps a fuel level sending unit from another car (older than the LS1 cars, please) I want to use a internal uel pump with sending unit.
Can you guys tell me what to use besides the LS1 assembly with stock LS1 engine.
Thanks
Peter
You should always use PayPal on Ebay. I got refunded by PayPal for a product I didn't receive. I then posted negative feedback and the product showed up. So, I got it for free!

I have the original in-tank fuel pump/reg/sending unit assembly for an LS1. It came from a 2000 TA with 27K miles on it. Send me say... $60 and I will ship it to you.
Email me at john.manelas@modicon.com and I can send you a picture of it.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:20 PM
Launching!

Hee there,
I got a refnd true paypal like you had, the dude never send me the product.
That's a great offer, $60 and ship it?
If so I take you on it! I am living in Holland and it is very hard to get parts overhere.
The only thing is, they say the Ohm fuel level sender ins't quiet right or is it the real 0>90 ohm?
Do you also have/ or get me the vette fuel regulator/filter unit?
Thanks
Peter
Old 02-07-2004, 04:29 PM
Launching!

Hee John,
allready emailed you but haven't heard yet
As stated I would like to buy, let me know please
thanks
Peter
Old 02-08-2004, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the stock LS1 sender is like 40-240ohm or something similarly unusable.

I modified mine by removing the printed resistor and replacing it with a simple, wound 0-100ohm resistor I bought from RadioShack for a couple bucks. I removed all of the plastery insulation, bent it into a matching arc and then pressed it in place. I then made a little piece of copper to line up with the other slider and complete the circuit.

Old 02-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Launching!

great stuff, I will look in to that, thanks.
You should put a how to on the net for this mod, very good stuff!!!
Peter
Old 02-10-2004, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pjtimmer
Hee there,
I got a refnd true paypal like you had, the dude never send me the product.
That's a great offer, $60 and ship it?
If so I take you on it! I am living in Holland and it is very hard to get parts overhere.
The only thing is, they say the Ohm fuel level sender ins't quiet right or is it the real 0>90 ohm?
Do you also have/ or get me the vette fuel regulator/filter unit?
Thanks
Peter
Peter,

I see you may need some help on occaision getting some parts. I go to the Post Office almost daily so sending something your way is no trouble. I can help you out if you'd like. If you need a part that you can't order online and get shipped to you by the supplier maybe I can help out. You would have to have a part number and send me the money somehow including postage, I'll order them and get them shipped to you. People here can attest to my honesty so you won't need to worry.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:29 PM
Launchin It!

I turned around and bought mine GMpartsdirect for $39.00.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:57 AM
Launching!

Thanks Mark,
If I need anything I will let you know.
I just bought a fuel pump from John, but later on I would need a filter/regulator unit and all pluming from earl or russel.
I think I will order the gauges directly from summit.
Thanks again, you're to kind
Peter Timmermans

Quick Reply: again a fueling question