Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need a short or angled spark plug boot

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 06:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a short or angled spark plug boot

so my rear driver spark plug boot is hitting my steering shaft in the blazer that i am building so i am wondering what you guys recommendfor a solution.

the boot come straight into the shaft. not bad enough where it wont turn but bad enough to make me worry that it wont last long.

trying to find my best option for a short plug boot or one that is a 90 degree maybe.

i have stock wires on it now
Old 08-17-2013, 07:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cookmaster30
so my rear driver spark plug boot is hitting my steering shaft in the blazer that i am building so i am wondering what you guys recommendfor a solution.

the boot come straight into the shaft. not bad enough where it wont turn but bad enough to make me worry that it wont last long.

trying to find my best option for a short plug boot or one that is a 90 degree maybe.

i have stock wires on it now
Summit, jegs and ebay all have spark plug boots listed. Just cut the end off, and replace it with the right end. Or make a new set from a universal custom kit.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-8849
Old 08-17-2013, 08:00 AM
On The Tree

will that work on a factory plug wire. sorry for the noob question but i have never made any plug wires or cut them apart
Old 08-17-2013, 10:30 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cookmaster30
will that work on a factory plug wire. sorry for the noob question but i have never made any plug wires or cut them apart
Probably? If I were you, I would just spring for a universal kit, and make all new wires.

Here is a thread

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...lug-wires.html

and a youtube video

Old 08-17-2013, 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is gonna be real close, I have the taylor wires. It will rub with the protectors I bought, so I guess that one wont have one. What shaft you running? im using the jeep steering shaft, I had to swap the ends on it though, it was gonna rub my header. Little stuff like that keeps coming up for me too. It took forever to get the motor level, not rubbing the headers on the frame/steering shaft and making a trans crossmember. Working on mounting my radiator now, using a rubber napa truck mat to protect it in the core support.

If you wanna run protectors these are nice and reasonably priced

Spark Plug Protect Boot Heat Shield Thermal Protection Insulator Black : Amazon.com : Automotive Spark Plug Protect Boot Heat Shield Thermal Protection Insulator Black : Amazon.com : Automotive
Old 08-18-2013, 08:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 199 Likes on 99 Posts

I used some summit cut to fit plug wires for a ford as they had the 45 degree boot so they tuck up real close to the head. I did have to buy the coil end boots separately to make the custom length wires:

Old 08-18-2013, 11:53 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by fieroguru
I used some summit cut to fit plug wires for a ford as they had the 45 degree boot so they tuck up real close to the head. I did have to buy the coil end boots separately to make the custom length wires:

I like that. I am thinking about relocating my coils for a cleaner look.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

that does look good man. got an extra laying around lol

Quick Reply: need a short or angled spark plug boot