Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

69 LS1 Camaro Engine Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 69 LS1 Camaro Engine Mounts

Before I get flamed for not searching the forums I want it to be known that I've spent the last few weeks reading all the First Gen Engine Swaps on this site.

I want to ask a simple question to the 1st gen LS1 swap folks a simple question. What engine mounts/adapters you used and if you would use them again or if you would do something different. The builds on here have been a tremendous help, but they have been over a period of several years, so I'm looking for opinions based on the most current options available.

As a collaboration this is what I've found that might be a good mix and match option for my upcoming build. The car will be a street car solely, and will be used on longer trips.

-Car Shop Adapter Plates (LS1GM)
-Energy Suspension motor mounts (3-1114G)
-327 Frame Stands (Rick's Camaro EP-4)
-Bowtie Overdrives transmission crossmember for a 4L60E.

Other pertinent information would be using a Mast Motorsports LS1 Swap Oil Pan and Holley Front Engine Accesory Drive (20-137). I'm planning to run stock LS1 Exhaust Manifolds at this point.

Let me know if you think I should consider other options, but I'm mainly concerned with engine mounting without having to notch the frame.

Thanks in advance for all the input.

Kurt

Last edited by olsonk_89; 09-04-2014 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:53 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I see you did not mention the Holley engine mount kit they have. They have everything worked out to fit. If I had nothing yet I would buy there kit without the headers and save yourself some problems. It also allows you to get the proper drive line angle. Take a look at it . It sounds like it might be what you need without mix and matching parts.

Heres a link that Todd at holley started. https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...arts-info.html

Last edited by homemade87; 09-05-2014 at 06:59 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:18 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my 68 Camaro swap that I am just finishing up I used BRPs engine mounts and 4l60e trans crossmember. I am happy with where the engine sits, everything bolted up without issue, and I had the unexpected benefit of being able to reuse my driveshaft as I originally assumed I would need to have it modified or have to buy a new one. I also used the Holley oil pan. The motor is an LS2/4l60e out of a 2006 GTO. The only part of the accessory drive that didn't fit was the original AC compressor and that was expected. Now I know every car is different but I can honestly say that the BRP kit worked well for me on my 68.

Good luck with your project,

Matt
Old 09-05-2014, 07:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

SInce I went with an aftermarket subframe, I am probably no help; but.... if you want to make that upgrade, it solves all the issues with fitment. I am using the engine mounts from Art Morrison that are compatible with the frame. I can use the F-car front drive, including the low mount AC compressor and the F car oil pan. I can understand if you don't want to make the investment in the subframe as it is pricey. I wanted the late model Corvette suspension and steering, so it was a no brainer for me. Good luck with your swap.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:39 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used the Holley kit and everything fit like a charm. Granted I used this on a 72 Nova which is same front end as a 69 Camaro so it should be the same for you. I also used the Holley 302-2 oil pan, headers and exhaust system.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd use the Holley set up if I were to start over. One stop shop (mounts/cross member/header/exhaust/oil pan).
Old 09-05-2014, 10:16 AM
Staging Lane

Just like Alan, I am also using an aftermarket subframe (Heidts) on my first gen fbody. I used their mounts which I believe are Energy Suspension parts. Used a 4th gen Fbody oil pan on my swap and went Holley for the front accessories. So far, I would not change a thing.

MZ
Old 09-05-2014, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Thank you all for the input. Looks like I need to give Holley a call as well as price some complete subframes. I'm leaning towards keeping the stock subframe at this point, but it's nice to expire all options before jumping in. If there is any more input please continue..
Old 09-05-2014, 03:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,394 Likes on 880 Posts

I would also recommend the Holley system. I know a lot of work went into it to make sure that the driveline angles are right and that their headers work well. By using a set of parts that were designed to work together, you greatly increase the chance of an easier conversion.

Andrew

Quick Reply: 69 LS1 Camaro Engine Mounts