Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hooker 73-87 GM truck LS swap system preview

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by clean8485
Boy, that truck is really clean. The Holley fuel injection system looks nice. Looks like that truck has had some suspension upgrades. Any idea of the brand of parts used?
belltech 2.5" spindles with belltech 2" drop springs up front, belltech flip kit in rear. also added were belltech 1 3/8" sway bars front and rear.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by 84c10
belltech 2.5" spindles with belltech 2" drop springs up front, belltech flip kit in rear. also added were belltech 1 3/8" sway bars front and rear.
Quit acting like you know anything about this truck you frickin' troller...just bustin' your nuts! I just now realized that I misquoted the model year of your truck according to your screen name; looks like I need to do a little bit of editing.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Today's update on this thread is a layout photo of the Hooker GM squarebody truck LS swap long-tube headers. I'm including this image due to the limited ability to see their bend geometry in the previous install photos. This particular sample is representative of the silver ceramic mild steel version of these headers; you will also be able to order them in stainless steel with all the upgraded components that come with that material choice.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where is the buy it now button?!?!?
Old 01-12-2015, 11:06 AM
Launching!

and also I have the same intake, can that air cleaner tube be purchased or is that something yall had fabbed?
Old 01-12-2015, 11:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 82streetshow
where is the buy it now button?!?!?
You'll only have to wait until next month for these to start rolling out, so it's not too long of a wait for something that you'll really appreciate when you go to install and use them.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:46 AM
TECH Junkie

and also I have the same intake, can that air cleaner tube be purchased or is that something yall had fabbed?
That piece was fabricated by the truck's owner who is a lab tech here at Holley.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Toddoky
That piece was fabricated by the truck's owner who is a lab tech here at Holley.
Ask if he would fab and sell another
Old 01-12-2015, 12:00 PM
TECH Junkie

I will do that.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,394 Likes on 880 Posts

Please tell me that GM A-bodies are next on the list....:-) Otherwise, I might have to buy a truck.

Andrew
Old 01-13-2015, 07:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
Please tell me that GM A-bodies are next on the list....:-) Otherwise, I might have to buy a truck.

Andrew
Hey Andrew. The A-bodies are not the next application on the list, but I know we'll eventually get to them. Folks higher up the ladder than me I pick the applications we do, I just design and develop them. I guess you need to start looking for that new squarebody truck of yours.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:14 AM
On The Tree

Toddoky, have you posted this info on any of the other forums for square bodies? There are a ton of guys over at 67-72chevytrucks (and I'm sure others) that are doing this swap in the 73-87(91) square bodies. I bet they'd be stoked to see some of these pre-production photos.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:08 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NorCalAnthony
Toddoky, have you posted this info on any of the other forums for square bodies? There are a ton of guys over at 67-72chevytrucks (and I'm sure others) that are doing this swap in the 73-87(91) square bodies. I bet they'd be stoked to see some of these pre-production photos.
Somebody posted a link to this thread in the LS swap section. They beat me to it.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:04 AM
TECH Junkie

By all means, spread the word. I'm aware of that site and tried to sign on as a member and was denied by the administrators. I asked for an explanation as to why I was denied but received no response...I'm a squarebody owner in the middle of my own project for cryin' out loud. I post on quite a few forums so I can only assume they recognized my screen name as being associated with Holley and didn't want me promoting the brand there. If they took the time to read my posts they would fiqure out that I only dole out technical information and never solicit sales. The way I see it, it's a disservice to the membership over there to deny you guys information regarding the latest products that are available to your trucks. It's their business to run as they see fit to do so...maybe someday I can join you guys directly over there as a fellow squarebody owner (I've had 3 so far).
Old 01-13-2015, 11:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Send member 84c10 a PM message about your interest, he's the owner of the red truck shown here and also the individual who fabricated the intake tube. I asked him about it and he seemed somewhat receptive to the idea.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:24 PM
Launching!

Send member 84c10 a PM message about your interest, he's the owner of the red truck shown here and also the individual who fabricated the intake tube. I asked him about it and he seemed somewhat receptive to the idea.
okay I appreciate it!
Old 01-13-2015, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

By all means, spread the word. I'm aware of that site and tried to sign on as a member and was denied by the administrators. I asked for an explanation as to why I was denied but received no response...I'm a squarebody owner in the middle of my own project for cryin' out loud. I post on quite a few forums so I can only assume they recognized my screen name as being associated with Holley and didn't want me promoting the brand there. If they took the time to read my posts they would fiqure out that I only dole out technical information and never solicit sales. The way I see it, it's a disservice to the membership over there to deny you guys information regarding the latest products that are available to your trucks. It's their business to run as they see fit to do so...maybe someday I can join you guys directly over there as a fellow squarebody owner (I've had 3 so far).
Wow that's crazy especially since they have other businesses that are members and chime in pushing their products/services whenever someone asks about modifying a harness or whatever... I think it's great to have sponsor's and their employees/representatives as active members that can answer questions and give their first hand experience like everyone does here on ls1tech. Especially when someone who own's a specific vehicle that said forum is geared towards like yourself

Thanks again for looking out for us square body folks (I'm on my third as well). I'm looking forward to trying out one of your kits once I get my hands on a smog exempt truck.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Wow that's crazy especially since they have other businesses that are members and chime in pushing their products/services whenever someone asks about modifying a harness or whatever... I think it's great to have sponsor's and their employees/representatives as active members that can answer questions and give their first hand experience like everyone does here on ls1tech. Especially when someone who own's a specific vehicle that said forum is geared towards like yourself

Thanks again for looking out for us square body folks (I'm on my third as well). I'm looking forward to trying out one of your kits once I get my hands on a smog exempt truck.
I agree. I was especially aggravated about them not responding as to why my membership request was denied...they could've at least said that Holley had to become a sponsor for me to be able to sign-up as a member, or that I would have to agree not to promote Holley/Hooker products on the forum, which I would have agreed to since my primary interest was for personal use. It's all good as I know the word about this new system of parts will get spread around over there anyway from enthusiasts such as yourself who frequent multiple sites...tell everyone over there I send my regards.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I need that cross member. I have an '84 with an older LQ4 so let me know when they become available.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by kainedogg
I need that cross member. I have an '84 with an older LQ4 so let me know when they become available.
Welcome kainedogg. The crossmember turned out so well I'm going to use one myself in my 1979 C20 project and I don't even have an LS in it.

I don't have the bandwidth to be able to notify everyone on a one-by-one basis when these components become available, but If you subscribe to this thread I will be making those announcements here as they do hit the shelves.

Quick Reply: New Hooker 73-87 GM truck LS swap system preview