Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New pics of my Z32 LS1 Conversion! =)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 10:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New pics of my Z32 LS1 Conversion! =)

Pics at the bottom.. quick story first

Check out my cardomain page for a full specs list & some more pics: My Cardomain Page!

I took the Z out for an "Acceleration test" for the first time Saturday night. I had never taken her above 2500rpms prior to this !!! I still played it REALLY safe though and just rowed through the gears... no power-shifting just yet... I'm not used to the T-56 pattern. lol

Anyways... I went to a freeway that isn't too busy at night and decided to see how fast I could get up to 60 on the onramp. I took a left, and as soon as my car was pointing straight... I pushed it! 1st gear up to 5500 rpms... casual shift into second *Screech!*.... I'm instantly at 60mph and couldn't stop.. wound out 2nd gear to 5500rpms... slow, fumbling shift into thrid (I need practice) *Screech!* and then let off at 90 mph!

I was giddy and completely wired at this point. 90mph came SOO fast. I just couldn't stop smiling! Smile Now the thing is... and I'm sure some of you already noticed... I shifted at 5500rpms. I know the LS1 redline is higher.. but I'm too scared to push it any higher just yet... that and she was pulling like a **** anyway! I was also shifting pretty slowly allowing time for the rpms to drop just a little before I got it into the next gear... I STILL spin in second and then into THIRD! Twisted Evil I have never experienced 3rd-gear wheelspin before... and honestly.. I didn't expect it! I was shifting early, shifting slowly and I have 265, Y-rated, sticky tires!!! They still broke loose! MY ENGINE IS BONE STOCK!!!!!! Oooooh, the potential makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!!! The power is just overwhelming... man is it awesome!

(Keep in mind... I've been driving a 120hp 1986 BMW 325es for nearly 2 years now... this was my first taste of speed in that long amount of time! Man did it feel good! )

Enjoy guys....

Engine Bay

Z Pic 1

Z Pic 2

Gauges

Interior

-Vann
Old 10-14-2004, 09:45 PM

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Very well done!!! Now you're going to have do a few mods like ported heads, cam and exhaust so that it'll never get traction!!!

You should be proud of your accomplishment.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:41 PM
Staging Lane

lol.. heads/cam has been on my "To-Do" list since I started! Now I just need to get my money tree to start growing again.. Thanks for the compliments!

btw.. I've always thought this but never remembered to type it... your Monte Carlo looks like one, bad, ***** - *Shut yo mouth*... lol, nice ride! I bet she hauls!

-Vann
Old 10-14-2004, 11:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

nice conversion!!! looks real clean.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Awesome work man. Enjoy that car to the max!
Old 10-15-2004, 01:52 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

That is one clean car! Funny, but the 300ZX was one of my main inspirations for getting through college. I used to have a nice poster of one above my desk, and figured if I made it through engineering school, I could afford one someday.

Then they quit making them before I graduated. DOH! Oh well, its been LS1s since.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

VERY CLEAN conversion. job well done! dunno bout those cobra rims though....you need some zr1's!
Old 10-17-2004, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm really glad you were able to finish up this swap. I've felt bad about mentioning "that shop" ever since you began to have "obstacles". What happened to the BIG hood? Looks much better without it. And those wheels make a HUGE difference.
I know how you feel with the "issues" you're having with the car, I'm still dealing with my own set also.
You should bring it out to the Sam's at highway 6 and I-10 some saturday (not sure when you are in town). I'd really like to see it in person (now that it's complete; nothing is ever "done" )
Old 10-19-2004, 01:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TanRchy
VERY CLEAN conversion. job well done! dunno bout those cobra rims though....you need some zr1's!
The Cobra rims fit... same bolt pattern and correct offset. None of the Fbody/Vette wheels match up with my bolt pattern. I really wanted a set of polished Z06'ers, but that would have required way too much more money and customization. The cobra's were a good price, they fit great, and they look sweet as hell! I've got polished centercaps on the way to replace the cobra caps... just to make it a little less obvious!

chevy42083 - I'm going to be back in town this week, but I'm not sure if I'll be staying through Saturday or not. If I do, I'll try and make it out to Sam's Saturday night.... what time are you up there? Do many people meet, or is it a pretty small gathering? lemme know,

-Vann
Old 10-19-2004, 02:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was wondering about the wheels. I think it was definatly a good choice though.

Sam's is a fairly large gathering. About 4 or 5 complete rows of cars are a slow week. However, this is one week I won't be able to make it. It is mostly older cars, but as soon as anyone posts that they are going, the newer cars seem to start popping up. Most of the older people don't like imports, but they've never seen one like yours. They gather behind the Charcoal Chicken grill and Brother's Pizza.

Actually, now that I think about, I'm busy the next 2 or 3 weeks. I'll let you know when i plan on going out there though.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:03 AM
Launching!

I get a boner just looking at that car That is one sweet hybrid you did. Awesome job
Old 10-29-2004, 10:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get that tranny working smoothly, get a cam, and then the two words you really need: DRAG RADIALS !!!!
I love that car. I'll take mine in Midnight Blue please with Black rims.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

That ***** is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats! Hope mine turns out 1/2 as well!
Old 11-16-2004, 02:52 AM
TECH Addict

wow looks like a really tight fit none the less looks awesome
Old 11-16-2004, 04:12 PM
12 Second Club

Very sweet man. I love 300ZX's, especially with an LS1. I would lose the corvette FRC's though.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by black_z
Very sweet man. I love 300ZX's, especially with an LS1. I would lose the corvette FRC's though.
I'm going to fill em and paint them then add some Z emblems

-Vann

Quick Reply: New pics of my Z32 LS1 Conversion! =)