Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 05-13-2016, 04:16 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

fuse box wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 10:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuse box wiring diagram

I have searched until i cant stand it any longer does anyone have a copy of a diagram for the under hood fuse box? i am planning on using it in my swap for all the realys and fuses but i could use some wiring help. any advice or info would be great.
thanks
chris
Old 05-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Teching In

I do not have that diagram at this time but have modified and built many LS1 harnesses. call Hardwired ask for Rudy (210)827-0556 I can try to help you over the phone
Old 05-10-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the input. I actually dove into it and figured it out. It is really very simple. all i have to do is hook up THREE wires and my LS1 will start!!!!!!!!! I plan to make a simple guide to help others out real soon!!!!
Old 05-13-2005, 01:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SatisTraction
Thanks for the input. I actually dove into it and figured it out. It is really very simple. all i have to do is hook up THREE wires and my LS1 will start!!!!!!!!! I plan to make a simple guide to help others out real soon!!!!

Hey I'm trian to use the factory harness form a 2002 camaro with the ls1 in my `1986 camaro i have the entire car and have managed to remove all the headlights and abs and brake light wirring from the harness but now i have the harness hooked up in the car all is good fuel pump runs dash lights up everything is great but nuthing turns over when i push the key to the crank position and i was wondering what fuse block has the starter wires??? i know the large purple from the block is for the started i belive but i cant figure out why when i hit the key nuthing happens I am assuming that i am missing a relay activation wire??? what wires do u hook up in ur set up to make the car run ????? im hoping something will help me out as i am planing on using both fuse blocks for relays and fuses thanx for any info in advance!!!!
Old 05-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Launching!

ok figured that part out guys so dont worry about it but i do need to know what wire the vast signal runs in and posibly what the voltage is????
Old 05-13-2005, 06:40 PM
TECH Regular

did you forget to ground that yellow and black wire from the starter relay? sorry i did not answer sooner but i just got on line. you will have to have the vats removed from the computer for it to start.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Launching!

i havent removed any of the wires from the fuse panels that run to the computer at all it seems i forgot to ground one relay on the power block panel as well as not giving power to the activate wire on the starter relay that the large purple wire runs out of
Old 05-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Launching!

BTW I still have the wirring in the parts car with all vats wirring hooked up and so on... what is that yellow and black wire from the fuse panels for? i see it goes to the computer but what is its ""purpose""
Old 05-13-2005, 08:58 PM
TECH Regular

it is the ground for the start relay
Old 05-14-2005, 11:46 AM
Launching!

o ok then well it is still hooked to the computer and now that the engine is turning i dont imagine being a problem.... I do still have a no start situation tho witch is very confussing because all systems are go but no runnning.. could this be the vats interfearing ??? and i suppose the only way to get around it is to have the vats removed???
Old 05-15-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bifster
o ok then well it is still hooked to the computer and now that the engine is turning i dont imagine being a problem.... I do still have a no start situation tho witch is very confussing because all systems are go but no runnning.. could this be the vats interfearing ??? and i suppose the only way to get around it is to have the vats removed???
Baker or someone sells a VATS-bypass box I believe...but...you'll most likely want other SES codes deleted though. It's generally no extra $$ to have whoever's doing that also disable VATS while they're in there, so the external box may not make financial sense.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Launching!

ok i have just tested everything again and it seems i was wrong earlier i donot (no) have spark anywhere none of the oils are firring??? i thought the vats disabled the fuel injectors????? Am i wrong or am i facing an entierly different problem??? and if i am where do the coils get their power form? correct me if im wrong again but i thought the were powered by the computer... please help me all info welcome
Old 05-16-2005, 04:45 AM
TECH Regular

they get there power fromt hat fuse box. i think it is the inj 1 and 2 fuses. i will have a look at mine tonight.
chris
Old 05-16-2005, 01:13 PM
Launching!

hahaha ok well whitch fuse box we talkin bout now??? the one in the cabin or one of them under the hood???? and if underhood again witch one the one with the main power hook-up form the batery or the other one??? thanx
Old 05-16-2005, 04:31 PM
TECH Regular

it is under the hood. do you have the covers for them? if so it is the inj 1 and inj 2 fused. one is a pink wire going to pin A on c100. the other wire is pink and white but i cant remember what plug it goes to.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:08 PM
Launching!

ok ya thats the block i dont have the cover for it was throwen away when the accident was cleaned up if anyone has a pickture or diagram of this fuse panel it would be greatly appretiated.... i have no picture telling me what fuse or relay is for what thanx
Old 05-16-2005, 07:16 PM
TECH Regular

well it is the pink/white wire in slot A on the C100 plug and the pink wire in slot B on the C101 plug. just chase it back and you will have it.
chris
Old 05-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Launching!

LOL your gona hate me guys but i figured it out... when i was removing wires from the fuse panels and such i managed to cut a ground wire for one of the relays and well i hooked it up and instant start hahaha thanx for the input tho ill end up looking back at it as i havent quite figured out witch conectors are the c100 c101 and such but im getting there.... thanks again i just love figuring out wirring its soo fun. btw does anyone know if the body controle modual has to stay in line to make the vehicle run and what exactly it does??????
Old 05-16-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Regular

yes, it controls the VATS if you still have it.

congrats!!!!
Old 05-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Launching!

so if i get vats removed i can take that black box outa the wirring harness???? if so that would simplefy things alot more hahaha if the vats is removed as well as that box. is that all the body controle modual controls does is the vats casue as it stands i have to have that pluged in or it wont start.....

Quick Reply: fuse box wiring diagram