Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Computer and Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer and Wiring

Have any of you used East Coast Fuel Injection for computer and wiring for conversions?
Old 12-07-2007, 05:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I did my own. It's not hard at all to do an LS1 harness, if you have the schematics. If you decide to do one yourself, let me know and I'll email them to you. I have them for an 01 f-body harness and I think they are the same for the 99 and up.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

I have a 2004 LS1 and 6 speed I am putting in a 1939 Chevy. I have all the factory wiring and computer. It would seem that I would be more removing stuff than anything else.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Thats basically all you do. You could remove anything dealing with smog, cags, and reverse lockout. There is probably several wires that used to go through the firewall that can be removed.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

What about the computer? Will the motor start or does it have to be reflashed to remove the stuff I do not use? I plan to use stock exhaust with all 4 O2 sensors.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

the PCM should be tuned to at least remove vats (vehicle anti theft system) you can build a box to work around it but for a cleaner install tuning it out is the best.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:02 AM
TECH Junkie

If the pcm is being used in a car that won't need all the smog equipment you can also tune out that and the rear O2's, so you don't get codes for them.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

if i can jump in with a question, are most gm computers the same, just diff programming? i have most of the wiring harness, but no computer, it was an lq4 out of a 2004 express van-thanks
or what junkyard computer do i need
Old 12-09-2007, 09:14 AM
On The Tree

This is what you get for $300.

Up for auction is wiring harness modifacation services done to your wiring harness from your engine. this will take the "guess work" out of the wiring. we will make any ls1 ls2 lt5 F, B, OR Y-body or vortec except the 4.8. wiring harness into a simple 4 wire stand alone for easy installation into your project vehicle. you will get your wiring harness modified to 4 wire run, new obd1 or obd2 dlc, new loom and 3m 88 tape, new high current GM waterproof under hood relay, new standard fuel pump relay, simple clear printed labels, lifetime support, lifetime guarantee. we test every harness on our own, one of a kind allen bradley plc controlled engine simulator. we will repair or replace up to 4, 4 wire or less connectors at no extra cost. you will also get your computer re-tuned at no extra cost (basic tune only) custom computer mods are not included and come with extra costs. basic includes removel of emissions, VATS, transmissions, transmission changes, cags delete, speed correction for gears and tire size, lower fan temps, raise injector flow rate, etc. hard part mods are cams, heads, chargers, or anything that is not stock. any hard part mods have extra costs please inquire.

What do you guys think?
Old 12-09-2007, 09:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think it looks a lot like someone is trying to give some free advertising to a friend.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Call jon at speartech do not mess with anything on e-gay in the way of harness or pcm modifications
Old 12-10-2007, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Jones'n , you have this wrong. I just got the motor bolted in placeand I am doing all the work myself. This is my first project of any kind with an LS engine. This guy claims to be an electrical engineer, and comes down hard on "amateurs who just get lucky." I figured that if he was good, some of you had done business with him. I want to go with someone who has proven themselves with some of you guys. That is why I asked for your help. I thought that was what this site was about. You were wrong to accuse me of plugging for this guy.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:27 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckndol
I want to go with someone who has proven themselves with some of you guys.
= speartech. Jesse at wait4me performance has also helped out a bunch of members.

I have never heard of East coast fuel injection before.

Originally Posted by Buckndol
This guy claims to be an electrical engineer, and comes down hard on "amateurs who just get lucky."
I`m not really sure how you could do something like that, as long as you have the wiring diagrams the GM harnesses are pretty compact and easy to work with. I wired mine and it was the first time I had ever worked with the LSx series motors and my first motor swap.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

can we make a new sticky in the conversion section: wiring for Dumb-a$$es.
I would love more pics of how you guys are doing your own harness or modding stock ones.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wiring Harness How to:

1) Get wiring diagrams
2) Look over them carefully and throughly.
3) Decide what you are not going to use, what needs to be reconfigured and what is needed for gauges/sensors for gauge panel, serial data (OBDII) and MIL (malfunction indicator lamp.)
4) Remove harness covers/looms.
5) Remove unneeded wires, reconfigure needed wires. (auto to manual conversion or otherwise)
6) Power the harness w/ necessary constant and ignition switched powers.
7) Put wire looms back on.
8) Hook it to the motor and fire.

That is about all it takes. After looking over the diagrams and reading a lot, it is straight forward. I converted my harness from auto to manual and removed unnecessary smog, A/C, and rear O2's. The harness is pretty much a standalone from the factory.

If this isn't for you then send it to a sponsor and they will gladly make it work for you.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

#6 please.
From the underhood fuse box, I plug the connector in the middle and the same size spot next to it is where I connect my wires.
fuel pump relay
starter relay
constant power

This is where I cannot find any more info. I have a 2002 truck engine/harness that I need to get running, I can clean it up later-I need to see if the engine runs now.

anybody have the diagrams for 02 esclade???
I hate to be the dumb a$$ but once I get it I promise to help someone get their's done
Old 12-18-2007, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for your help. I will contact John @ Speartech. It sounds like I will not need much but the computer updated for my application.

Quick Reply: Computer and Wiring